kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

2 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

Looks awful. Pretty expected that he doesn't even look like Morbius for a majority of the movie. 

First stills I saw I though that Leto was playing Rasputin in a movie and there had been a mix up.....

Not that all that many people outside of a few die hard Spidey fans know what Morbius looks like.

And if the rumors this is going to set up the Sinister Six are true, all I can say is the Sinister Six's membership requirments have gone to hell if a B lister like Morbius can make it when there are so many better Grade A Spidey Villians to make the group, even if at least one of the original is now dead in the Spideyverse. You can find a better replacement of Mysterio then Morbius.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

I had no interest in this movie so this is my first time to see the trailer, yes, days after release. It has none of fun that Venom trailer had thanks to Hardy's committed performance and Venom design. This looks like a generic PG-13 vampire TV show and Leto is a charisma vacuum and unlikable af. what's up with Nolan bats? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I had no interest in this movie so this is my first time to see the trailer, yes, days after release. It has none of fun that Venom trailer had thanks to Hardy's committed performance and Venom design. This looks like a generic PG-13 vampire TV show and Leto is a charisma vacuum and unlikable af. what's up with Nolan bats? 

Leto is one of the big problems. I think that Venom is terrible but at least it had Hardy going for it. If Leto does that obnoxious hammy in a bad way over acting that he sometimes loves to do then the film is probably doomed. 

Main youtube channel over 10 million views, add in ign and a few other copies and it's over 20 million.

Nobody is going to confuse those numbers for Black Widow or Wonder Woman, but this should be a decent little hit. If it's good, it could do 150 dom. 

• Like 1

I thought the special fx are fine. People are hungry for MCU superhero alternatives as evidenced by the recent boxoffice successes. This will do well, as will Venom 2. Obviously it needs to stick its landing.

Curious to see how Morbius ties into Spiderman 3 and maybe Venom 2.