kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

Oh boy, this trailer is gonna be review bombed and disliked because it isn't the new Spider Man trailer...

I can see the posts about "Is Sony trolling us by releasing a trailer for a January movie before a December movie?"...

It's gonna be a fun day, anyway. I'm really curious to watch Morbius.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Oh boy, this trailer is gonna be review bombed and disliked because it isn't the new Spider Man trailer...

I can see the posts about "Is Sony trolling us by releasing a trailer for a January movie before a December movie?"...

It's gonna be a fun day, anyway. I'm really curious to watch Morbius.

I mean, at this point Morbius and SM have the same number of trailers and Morbius needs promo more as the more unknown property and was initially meant to come out first. That said, Sony is pretty blatantly using the hype for SM to sell these villain spinoffs but I don't know if they're going about it right (would have made more sense for them to actually come from SM movies instead of being unconnected but whatever). I think they can live with a dislike bomb because it still means impatient SM fans viewed the trailer. They know SM won't flop no matter how much whining and leaking happens.

They need Morbius to be another Venom: a box office success powered by SM fan nostalgia and the promise of a connection to the MCU even if it ends up being mediocre.

Edited by thedast

50 minutes ago, thedast said:

I mean, at this point Morbius and SM have the same number of trailers and Morbius needs promo more as the more unknown property and was initially meant to come out first. That said, Sony is pretty blatantly using the hype for SM to sell these villain spinoffs but I don't know if they're going about it right (would have made more sense for them to actually come from SM movies instead of being unconnected but whatever). I think they can live with a dislike bomb because it still means impatient SM fans viewed the trailer. They know SM won't flop no matter how much whining and leaking happens.

They need Morbius to be another Venom: a box office success powered by SM fan nostalgia and the promise of a connection to the MCU even if it ends up being mediocre.

Difference between Venom and Morbius is that Venom blew up from the first trailer. There was real, organic anticipation for that movie. 

That's MCU for you all (Morbius Cinematic Universe)

Jokes aside 

Spoiler

This movie includes a poster of Raimi' Spider-Man in the first trailer with MCU Vulture and then in the second trailer they include the Oscorp tower from Andrew's Amazing Spider-Man and then just throw in a random Black Cat tease.

Edited by raulbalarezo

3 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

That's MCU for you all (Morbius Cinematic Universe)

Jokes aside 

Hide contents

This movie includes a poster of Raimi' Spider-Man in the first trailer with MCU Vulture and then in the second trailer they include the Oscorp tower from Andrew's Amazing Spider-Man and then just throw in a random Black Cat tease.

Oh and a Venom mention. Just to add more to the confusion.

• Thanks 1