kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

On 1/9/2020 at 9:49 PM, Napoleon said:

I remember some "insider" saying Wonder Woman was a mess too. We all know how some bloggers feel about comic book movies that are not part of their beloved franchise. Morbius is a very easy target for these types of rumors, just like WW was at that time, so I wouldn't take any "insider" comment from this type of "journalist" about this. Venom also had a negative campaign from bloggers and it turned out to be a huge hit for Sony.

Dude, take a look at who's writing Morbius and who's directing it and tell me that the apprehension when it comes to this movie a smear campaign.

I hope Morbius doesn't suck but I don't care for the cast and crew assembled for the project. I will give the trailer a chance of course. 

I wouldn't compare Morbius to Venom box office wise because Venom is one of the most popular villains in comicdom. I honestly don't get those sorts of comparisons.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:41 AM, TestPattern said:

Dude, take a look at who's writing Morbius and who's directing it and tell me that the apprehension when it comes to this movie a smear campaign.

AAAAAAAhahahah I have just discovered that Morbius script is from GODS! OF! EGYPT! writers.  Thank you, kind sir.

it's just occurred to me that Gollum is actually not so different a character than Venom. A normal person who's been infected by / become a monster and has two split personalities, even, two personalities that talk to and interact with each other. Maybe not such a terrible choice of director as it first seemed...?

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1