kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is that supposed to imply that it takes place in the Tobey Maguire continuity?

No, it's implying that Spider-Man may be in the trailer, or a link to Spider-Man in the trailer.

Not that Jeremy Conrad has a clue what he's on about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Whoops! I clicked on the first film on IMDb lol 

seems they ditched the two male writers and kept the female.

a quick read of Wikipedia suggests that the two dudes had written an earlier version of the script, but were replaced by Kelly Marcel. So really she's the writer of both films.

Using the Raimi version would be a way to use Spider-Man without using the MCU version (since the Raimi version isn't considered a murderer like the MCU version), but I think Sony just did a Sony and put the image of the wrong version on the wall by mistake.

The image is also from the PS4 Spider-Man game when you select the Raimi suit.

Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD.0.jpg

Also, they can 'connect it' with the MCU but if Feige was willing to ignore even the best of the Marvel Television stuff there's no way in hell he's going to acknowledge any of the Sonyverse's coattail-riding.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Using the Raimi version would be a way to use Spider-Man without using the MCU version (since the Raimi version isn't considered a murderer like the MCU version), but I think Sony just did a Sony and put the image of the wrong version on the wall by mistake.

The image is also from the PS4 Spider-Man game when you select the Raimi suit.

Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD.0.jpg

Also, they can 'connect it' with the MCU but if Feige was willing to ignore even the best of the Marvel Television stuff there's no way in hell he's going to acknowledge any of the Sonyverse's coattail-riding.

Sony's not allowed to make their own version of Spider-Man in live action films.

I have no idea what the contract between Disney and Sony is like, but I would presume that Disney is on board with whatever Sony's trying to do here.

Someone made a good post on reddit about it, saying the image could be a placeholder.

This movie was filmed long before Sony and Marvel got the new deal. So, the "murderer" could have been added in post production and the image itself is a placeholder for what will be the real image in the final film.

If not, they're making references to both Raimi's Spidey and the plot from FFH.