kayumanggi

MORBIUS | March 19 2021 | Sony | Delayed

fur elise did it for me. Looks quite good.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

This. Venom was a big fan favorite, Morbius is a Grade "B" villain and a a rather generic vampire.

Sony kept the budget down on this, so they might end up with a modest profit, but it ain't gonna do Venom numbers.

Morbius is anything but generic.

2020: the year of the failed Superhero flicks:

Birds of Prey

Bloodshot

The New Mutants

Black Widow

Wonder Woman 1984

Morbius

Venom 2

The Eternals

Does anyone expect ANY of these to be decent?? LOL

• Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1

I'm not a superhero movie fan so this movie is no way geared towards me but this movie looks so generic for the genre that it should just be called Superhero Origin The Movie

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

2020: the year of the failed Superhero flicks:

Birds of Prey

Bloodshot

The New Mutants

Black Widow

Wonder Woman 1984

Morbius

Venom 2

The Eternals

Does anyone expect ANY of these to be decent?? LOL

I expect 5 or 6 of them to make bank.

Yeah, generic is the right word.

and I just signed up to Netflix and watched the first 2 episodes of "You".....so this looks familiar.

sylvester stallone facepalm GIF

Me when I saw Keaton.

My only hope in all of this is the Sony-verse is another universe in the MCU multiverse and that’s their Adrian Tomes. My personal Endgame for Spider-Man is he has to leave our universe (MCU) and go into this universe because the Spider-Man in their (Sony) universe was killed and they don’t have all the heroes that the MCUniverse has. 

Then the MCU can be done with Spider-Man and Sony can drive the character into the dirt as they inevitably will. 

• Like 4

"From the studio that brought you Spider-man: Homecoming and Spider-man: Far From Home"

3m16a3.gif

• Haha 10

The trailer absolutely did its job of building hype and getting people talking.  For a film a large majority had no interest in, a lot of opinions changed today.  Will be interesting how they follow that up with a second trailer.  Now people have expectations lol

• Like 4

It's a case where another YT channel (the IGN video shared in this very forum) got more views than the official one - something to keep in mind when comparing Morbius to other movies.

No Sony.....Disney brought us the last 2 Spiderman movies given their creative role 😁

lol that image of Spider-Man in the trailer is literally a screenshot from the PS4 game, how lazy can Sony be?

trailer is actually pretty good but then you find out the writers were responsible for Gods of Egypt, Transformers: The Last Knight, and Men in Black: International...

Edited by John Marston
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

trailer is actually pretty good but then you find out the writers were responsible for Gods of Egypt, Transformers: The Last Knight, and Men in Black: International...

How do they keep getting jobs :wintf:

34 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Uh? They're NOT responsible for Transformers:The Last Knight or Men in Black: International.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1948885/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr2

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2332952/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr3

On the behalf of a lot of excited MCU fans, Jared Leto, Tom Hardy, I welcome you two to this great MCU family...

1180w-600h_020818_MCU-10-year-anniversar

It is a remarkable day in the history of MCU. It changes things forever. 

Watching this trailer I had an image of Gob from Arrested Development. "Imagine this superhero who, let me finish... is also a vampire!"

Anyway, looks pretty boring. I admit I've never heard of this character - is he a fan favourite or is Sony just clutching at whatever straws it has left?

ETA - if nothing else no-one can say Leto's miscast. Fucker really doesn't age and it's starting to get quite weird. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It's a case where another YT channel (the IGN video shared in this very forum) got more views than the official one - something to keep in mind when comparing Morbius to other movies.

The IGN one has 2.8M view, the Sony one has 4M views. pretty unimpressive tbh

Edited by Avatree

There’s a difference between MCU Integrated and MCU Connected. 

• Like 1

Looks better than Venom 

Edited by DlAMONDZ