kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

Pretty darn poor trailer views. Even Alita's first trailer had much better views. Hell, this is struggling to do even Bloodshor numbers. Looks like a sure shot flop even with the marvel logo and MCU references. Like sub 50M domestic.Sub 150M ww.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Pretty darn poor trailer views. Even Bloodshot's first trailer had much better views. Hell, this is struggling to do even Alita numbers. Looks like a sure shot flop even with the marvel logo and MCU references. Like sub 50M domestic.Sub 150M ww.

It's at 9M+ views (including IGN) after one day and should get to 20M easily. It is certainly no Venom but not low enough to guarantee a flop.

18 hours ago, John Marston said:

trailer is actually pretty good but then you find out the writers were responsible for Gods of Egypt, Transformers: The Last Knight, and Men in Black: International...

AdorableRichGalapagoshawk-size_restricte

If that's not a red flag, then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It's at 9M+ views (including IGN) after one day and should get to 20M easily. It is certainly no Venom but not low enough to guarantee a flop.

Yeah, trailer views don't mean much.

I predicted low numbers for Black Panther because of pretty mediocre trailer views and look what happened there !

41 minutes ago, John Marston said:

They got Eminem for Venom. I think Evanescence would be a good choice for the Morbius single  

This was such a lucky shot for sony, getting Eminem is always good and the song was such a banger. Pusha T - No problem was also pretty good, but wasnt released, a big mistake imo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's not a red flag, it's a lie. The writers didn't work on Transformers: The Last Knight and Men in Black: International. That user is lying.

Hmmm yeah, seems Art Marcum and Matt Holloway (the T:TLK and MLB: International writers) aren't credited on IMDb so I'll take their wikipedia credits as false until proven otherwise. 

Even so, Matt Shazma and Burk Sharpless haven't necessarily had the greatest track records either (Gods of Egypt, The Last Witch Hunter, Dracula Untold). Not saying that's a tell tale sign it'll be bad but it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either.

Edited by Rorschach

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

It's not a red flag, it's a lie. The writers didn't work on Transformers: The Last Knight and Men in Black: International. That user is lying.

Art Marcum and Matt Holloway are credited writers and they were writers for Transformers 5 and Men in Black international 

https://www.morbius.movie/synopsis/

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Pretty darn poor trailer views. Even Alita's first trailer had much better views. Hell, this is struggling to do even Bloodshor numbers. Looks like a sure shot flop even with the marvel logo and MCU references. Like sub 50M domestic.Sub 150M ww.

It has more views than the last Birds of Prey trailer, so according to that theory, birds of prey is doing sub $100M worldwide 

I feel a lot better about this first Morbius trailer than I did Venom, either of them.

Curious to hear what the budget is to better gauge what a bar of success should be.

Looking forward to the second trailer for more f/x, I feel we got some decent exposition in this first trailer.

• Like 1