Fake

The Avengers OS Thread (Crosses 800M!)

I don't know how I could help you, I've never watched Rio. And I don't think I ever will haha. :lol:Yeah I don't understand why some people on the boards are insisting to treat THE AVENGERS like just another SH movie. It isn't. It has proven this already, and it will keep doing it, until you all realize how wrong your assumptions are. :lol:

Yeah, The Avengers isn't a typical SH movie, it's way more :) the targeted audience is wider.

are you a Paulisto?

Haha, the correct term is "Paulista", but hell no, I'm not. I'm a Gaucho, born in Rio Grande do Sul, it's a different Rio than Rio de Janeiro. It means something like "South Big River", haha. The assumption that RIO is a huge movie here is completely flawed, it's really not popular at all as some of you assumed. Now Ice Age? That's quite popular. I haven't seen it either, but it is.

I love your optimism but unfortunately Japan's BO is weak recently...I expect $25m-$30m, but I hope for more, after all the movie beat the expectations in many countries.

At this point, it's not even optimism. THE AVENGERS is a phenomenon, it should be treated as such. Will it make as much money as AVATAR did? I don't know. But I wouldn't take for granted.
  • Like 1

Yeah I don't understand why some people on the boards are insisting to treat THE AVENGERS like just another SH movie. It isn't. It has proven this already, and it will keep doing it, until you all realize how wrong your assumptions are. :lol:

It obviously isn't just another SH movie since it's on its way to $900m OS but at the same time, it is a SH movie. Its DOM/OS ratio will be pretty weak, it's majorly fueled by Latin America and Asia, grosses in mainland Europe are pretty average if not bad for a movie of this magnitude. So it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't break out in Japan, where SH movies never have been the hot shit. Edited by Elessar

Yeah, The Avengers isn't a typical SH movie, it's way more :) the targeted audience is wider.

your argumentation does not seem to be coherent: once see! people love SH movies then TA is not a typical SH movie.

It obviously isn't just another SH movie since it's on its way to $900m OS but at the same time, it is a SH movie. Its DOM/OS ratio will be pretty weak, it's majorly fueled by Latin America and Asia, grosses in mainland Europe are pretty average if not bad for a movie of this magnitude. So it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't break out in Japan, where SH movies never have been the hot shit.

It's better for TA to be successful in Latin America and Asia, the future of Iron Man 3/4...Thor 2/3...Avengers 2...and so on is mainly there because of their high growth rate.

And BTW,Avengers in Europe, it's about $65m in UK, $30m in France, $23m in Germany, $20m in Italy, $15m in Spain..With these countries only you have $153m and it's not over, not bad at all :)

Successful in Russia too :$36m in 11 days :)

Haha, the correct term is "Paulista", but hell no, I'm not. I'm a Gaucho, born in Rio Grande do Sul, it's a different Rio than Rio de Janeiro. It means something like "South Big River", haha. The assumption that RIO is a huge movie here is completely flawed, it's really not popular at all as some of you assumed. Now Ice Age? That's quite popular. I haven't seen it either, but it is.

I had Paulista in my head, but thought it was the female form. In July 1988 during my first visit to Rio I heard in the news that people in Rio Grande do Sul were freezing to death (-8°C). I just recount that piece of memory because you seem to think that I am from the states.

It's better for TA to be successful in Latin America and Asia, the future of Iron Man 3/4...Thor 2/3...Avengers 2...and so on is mainly there because of their high growth rate.And BTW,Avengers in Europe, it's about $65m in UK, $30m in France, $23m in Germany, $20m in Italy, $15m in Spain..With these countries only you have $153m and it's not over, not bad at all :)Successful in Russia too :$36m in 11 days :)

($35m in Russia)You wil see a totally different picture for TH1

Hey, I have seen 2 Brazil movies: City of God (2002) and Romance (2008)Both very good ones. :)

And BTW,Avengers in Europe, it's about $65m in UK, $30m in France, $23m in Germany, $20m in Italy, $15m in Spain..With these countries only you have $153m and it's not over, not bad at all :)

Mainland Europe excludes UK. Notice i said pretty average if not bad for a movie of this magnitude. Still quite a bit better than Avengers heroes on their own, sure.

Mainland Europe excludes UK. Notice i said pretty average if not bad for a movie of this magnitude. Still quite a bit better than Avengers heroes on their own, sure.

And that's exactly one of reasons why I think TASM will destroy TA OS IMO. ;)

TASM will be (much) bigger than TA everywhere except the States and probably UK as well.

Edited by firedeep

It obviously isn't just another SH movie since it's on its way to $900m OS but at the same time, it is a SH movie. Its DOM/OS ratio will be pretty weak, it's majorly fueled by Latin America and Asia, grosses in mainland Europe are pretty average if not bad for a movie of this magnitude. So it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't break out in Japan, where SH movies never have been the hot shit.

Could you provide LoTR, AVATAR and TDK numbers in mainland Europe to compare? I don't think the box office in those regions is average at all, and if it is right now, the WOM and the breaking box office aspects of the movie coukd help win them over. Without numbers, I'll just assume your argument doesn't hold any weight.

I had Paulista in my head, but thought it was the female form. In July 1988 during my first visit to Rio I heard in the news that people in Rio Grande do Sul were freezing to death (-8°C). I just recount that piece of memory because you seem to think that I am from the states.

Yeah, we from the south have a quite europpean kind of weather, the seasons are all very defined. But -8° C seems a stretch to me, I was too young back then to recall. :lol:

Hey, I have seen 2 Brazil movies: City of God (2002) and Romance (2008)

Both very good ones. :)

City of God is the best brazilian movie in my opinion, you should check out Elite Squad 1 and 2 too :lol:

Urm. No. In the UK, it's going to do over £50m, which is Potter level here.

Urm. No. In the UK, it's going to do over £50m, which is Potter level here.

Elessar is understimating everyone's intelligence by saying that TA is only big in North and South America and the Asian market. This is a silly argument that doesn't hold any water when I look to the numbers.

Could you provide LoTR, AVATAR and TDK numbers in mainland Europe to compare? I don't think the box office in those regions is average at all, and if it is right now, the WOM and the breaking box office aspects of the movie coukd help win them over. Without numbers, I'll just assume your argument doesn't hold any weight.

Again, average for a movie that is about to hit $900m OS. On their own and for a SH movie, they are pretty good but nothing spectacular.Dunno why Avatar, it's in a different league. And LOTR was a decade ago and didn't had 3D (yet it's still beating Avengers pretty handily). As for TDK, it's also a SH movie, hence okay numbers. But here you go:Avatar OS breakdownROTK OS breakdownTDK OS breakdown

And that's exactly one of reasons why I think TASM will destroy TA OS IMO. ;)TASM will be (much) bigger than TA everywhere except the States and probably UK as well.

I can assure you that no one on these boards or anyone I personally know love Spider-Man as much as I do, but expecting TASM to gross more than TA is a pipe dream. The real competition will be TASM and TDKR, these two movies won't even touch TA, and again, regardless the fact that you seem like a big Spidey fan too, it's just not happening. :( Edited by iJackSparrow