WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | Reviews are in. It's-a bad!

Wow my fan-cast of Chris Pratt as Mario came true. wish it were DreamWorks and not illumination making this, but it is a pretty good cast so I'll give it a chance. don't know why "Donkey Kong" is in it though. seems a bit cringe. 

36 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Wow my fan-cast of Chris Pratt as Mario came true. wish it were DreamWorks and not illumination making this, but it is a pretty good cast so I'll give it a chance. don't know why "Donkey Kong" is in it though. seems a bit cringe. 

As much as I think DreamWorks has a pretty mixed track record, I think they would’ve been preferable to Illumination, but Illumination is more reliable when it comes to making movies as cheap and marketable as possible, so that’s probably why they were chosen. 

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's too early for a trailer methinks, but we might see a design reveal in today's Direct. Still, it's likely we won't get anything until Minions 2 (Lightyear is a day and date release at best) later this year.

I think a teaser it's coming either today or on April with Bad Guys. Illumination likes to show the market their films with A LOT of anticipation.

-The first teasers of Despicable Me 2 and SLoP were released more than a year earlier before the movies hit theatres.

-The teaser of the first Sing was released on February 15th (11 months before Sing hit theatres, and Mario it's coming on 11 months from now)

-Grinch and first Minions had their trailers 10 months before the movie release

Edited by Grebacio

10 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I think a teaser it's coming either today or on April with Bad Guys. Illumination likes to show the market their films with A LOT of anticipation.

-The first teasers of Despicable Me 2 and SLoP were released more than a year earlier before the movies hit theatres.

-The teaser of the first Sing was released on February 15th (11 months before Sing hit theatres, and Mario it's coming on 11 months from now)

-Grinch and first Minions had their trailers 10 months before the movie release

Those were all during the Old TimesTM though. Marketing windows have been shrinking considerably since The Great Plague. No studio wants another No Time to Die situation.

Attaching the first trailer to Minions 2 makes perfect sense to me. 5 months is more than enough time to advertise this movie. The insane cast announcement is still fresh in people's minds, you know.

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Tomorrow is Mario Day. I can't help but wonder if we're going to hear anything about the movie tomorrow. Probably more radio silence until Minions 2, but still...

I doubt it. Mainly because of universal’s promotion cycle. The Bad Guys releases OS next week and with Puss in Boots getting a trailer next week, Minions 2 will be the other attachment. Probably not until July at the earliest. If we are lucky, you might get a poster or something.