WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | Reviews are in. It's-a bad!

Just now, Fullbuster said:

I really hope Nintendo will be VERY demanding, the potential is there but they must be very vigilant on quality. Right @Cookie ? ;)

Please, no Zelda by Illumination!

What quality? 

The games are about some random guy jumping on blocks to save his girlfriend from a dragon. There's nothing there in terms of story or character.

Honestly I dont see how this movie turns out bad or good, just mediocre.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

What quality? 

The games are about some random guy jumping on blocks to save his girlfriend from a dragon. There's nothing there in terms of story or character.

Honestly I dont see how this movie turns out bad or good, just mediocre.

That's because you don't know the franchise very well. Mario&Luigi Superstar Saga was a great RPG with a story, dialogues, multiple characters...doing something good is definitely possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Sing is pretty good. Enjoyed it alot.

Oh yeah that too.

I liked it yeah.

Generally Illumination films aren't made for most of us but they seem to immensely please the audience they are targetting. So while I am not gonna give my money to them, I won't jump into the  "Illumination is ruinning animationk d sanfgvadsf" train.

They are harmless kids movies. So If you don't like them just ignore them and let those who like them enjoy.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Oh yeah that too.

I liked it yeah.

Generally Illumination films aren't made for most of us but they seem to immensely please the audience they are targetting. So while I am not gonna give my money to them, I won't jump into the  "Illumination is ruinning animationk d sanfgvadsf" train.

They are harmless kids movies. So If you don't like them just ignore them and let those who like them enjoy.

And I think it's a good match. Mario playa right into Illumnations wheelhouse.

• Like 2

Hmm. I guess Nintendo has been more "friendlier" with using their characters outside of video games in recent years, so I guess this fits that trend, however Illumination... EH!!!

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I wonder if Miyamoto will produce.

He'll probably get an executive producing credit at least. That was probably part of the deal. 

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

As long as this leads into a Legend of Zelda movie, whether directly or indirectly, I’m fine with this film’s existence.

An Illumination made Zelda movie sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Hopefully it never actually happens.