WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | Reviews are in. It's-a bad!

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

While Uni is launching their big campaign for Fast X on Super Bowl Sunday, it is already two spots into the campaign for the Easter weekend April 7 release of Illumination’s Super Mario Bros Movie. As such, don’t expect the plumbers.

• Sad 1

I will scream from every mountain top that this clears $1b WW with ease. Will be legitimately shocked if it doesn’t happen. Last of Us finally making a video game adaptation explode only furthers my theory I’ve had that this will be the year of the video game adaption coming into its own as the inevitable usurper of the CBM (which I’ve said would eventually happen for years). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I will scream from every mountain top that this clears $1b WW with ease. Will be legitimately shocked if it doesn’t happen. Last of Us finally making a video game adaptation explode only furthers my theory I’ve had that this will be the year of the video game adaption coming into its own as the inevitable usurper of the CBM (which I’ve said would eventually happen for years). 

I'm totally with you. Mario is just such a huge brand that not too many people dislike or aren't familiar with, and I've said before that the brand + Illumination is a perfect storm of a combo. I'm hoping for a big, really fun marketing campaign that boosts the movie's prospects even more and gets people talking and engaging. I truly believe it can be that kind of event.

We'll see...