Fake

Ice Age: Continental Drift OS Thread ($624M)

Let's seeSouth-East Asia - 25mHong Kong - 5mTaiwan - 3-4mSouth Korea - 25-30mJapan - 2-4mIndia - ?Ok, I went back and did predictions. I expect around 60-65m for rest of Asian territories. So China will have to do 120m-140m. Not impossible. I'm sure the Chinese government will promote Ice Age like crazy with that deal they just signed. They'll keep it theaters longer too.Ice 4 won't have Transformers or a breakout hit like Haeundae (at least that's what I'm expecting) in South Korea this time. Spider-Man and The Dark Knight are both big but not like Transformers.

There were only about 3000+ 3D screens OS (of 5 000 WW) when IA3 released, no more than 9000 3D screens worldwidely by Avatar.

And now there are about 11200+ 3D screens in Europe alone according Screen Digest, should be no problem reaching 12 000 by IA4.

China had only 300 3D screens when IA3 released and now 5 000. Should reach 7 000 by IA4.

According to the 2011 Theatrical Market Statistics of MPAA.

There were more than 35,000 3D screens WW by the end of 2011.

There would be about 45,000 3D screens when IA4 will be released.

Western Europe accounted for over 55% of IA3's total gross. So the trend there will have the most impact on IA4's gross.I expect 5-10% decrease in these markets and 20-30% increase in the rest for around 5-10% increase overall.

China and Russia will increase about 100m in combination.More than 50% increase in the rest.

The last film was crap, however audiences love movies filled with jokes without a good story710m+ OS

No way. As far as the Ice Age franchise is concerned, IA2 was the shitfest.IA3 was hilarious and definitely fit the blockbuster popcorn quotient.IA4 looks like crap though.

With WoTT decreasing from CoTT in most countries, I don't think it's certain that 3D sequels will increase from their predecessors. I think this will do 600m OS which is still awesome.

There is another example 3D sequel after 3D: Journey 2DOM almost the same as Journey to the Center of the Earth but OS 140->220You can compare neither Titans nor Journey with Ice Age (other than the 3D) but OS there is potential for 3D

With WoTT decreasing from CoTT in most countries, I don't think it's certain that 3D sequels will increase from their predecessors. I think this will do 600m OS which is still awesome.

WoTT decreased because of 2 factors: increased competition and poor WOM about Clash's 3D. CoTT was considered the prime film of the Easter holidays while WoTT had to deal with The Hunger Games, Titanic and local films internationally like Intouchables this time around. Also, Clash's negative press about its 3D caused viewers to re-think watching WoTT in 3D and given that a lot of countries only show 3D movies in 3D and not 2D, many skipped out on WoTT.Ice Age 4 is a different animal altogether. It's considered to be the prime choice for kids during the summer holidays and high potential markets like Russia and China will play a huge role in its increase OS. Add in the emerging markets and I see a hefty increase for the fourth installment of the Ice Age series.