Fake

Ice Age: Continental Drift OS Thread ($624M)

You think TA could do 80M~100M but IA4 can not ?Remember IA4 will outgross TA easily.Most audience dont even know who the hell the avengers is while ice age is more popular plus it's a family movie.

TA will make 80m-100m.IA4 won't outgross TA.

1B won't happen.I am actually thinking about a possibility of a decrease now. So far we have had only precedents of movies getting 3D and exploding. But now, in the form of WoTT, we have a precedent of a sequel to such film, and well, the run was disappointing, to put it gently.I think there might be a 'been there, done that' mentality among moviegoers for the sequels. 3D was the novelty those movies exploded, and it won't be a novelty anymore.And fourth film is actually where people start getting fed up of a franchise.

If TA can make more than 800m OS, why IA4 can't increase? Edited by SentryTrans

1B won't happen.I am actually thinking about a possibility of a decrease now. So far we have had only precedents of movies getting 3D and exploding. But now, in the form of WoTT, we have a precedent of a sequel to such film, and well, the run was disappointing, to put it gently.I think there might be a 'been there, done that' mentality among moviegoers for the sequels. 3D was the novelty those movies exploded, and it won't be a novelty anymore.And fourth film is actually where people start getting fed up of a franchise.

Using WoTT as a comparison for IA4's box office prospects is mind-boggling. They aren't even of the same genre for one thing.Also, WoTT had some serious competition from The Hunger Games, Titanic 3D re-release and other movies. In other words, it was not considered the big fish like CoTT was. Meanwhile, IA4 is going to be the movie for kids this summer. When you consider the market expansions of China, Russia or Brazil, that will take care of any small decreases that it might face in other markets.3D is still very popular OS right now and there is little to suggest that is changing anytime soon.