ZeeSoh

Wednesday (16/11) #s: TR- 2.92, DH2 - 1.29, BM2 - 1.03

1 minute ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Boxoffice is expecting $125 million ow for Justice League, and $17 million ow for Wonder. This weekend should be very interesting.

I still think that Wonder predict, which is higher than I've seen any other "official" site post, is still too low...

23 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Lol, Ragnarok legs, even $300m are in danger.

I thought 300m was locked. Although it is still likely, it is no longer a given.Thor:R is already in the 2-3 million ballpark with 50%+ week to week drops and needs about 80m to reach 300. My guess is that it will still go over, especially if it can get at least 25m this weekend.

13 minutes ago, bruchav said:

Just compare Thor 3 run with IT, and you'll see that what I said makes sense after all...

Yeah, Ive been tracking Thor vs IT dailys and TR has always been lower but its trailing off.

Not sure if its going to make it to 300.

It needs to drop like 60%+ this weekend and then drop another 45%+ next Holiday weekend to be in any danger of missing 300. No way I see that. Even with those drops it would still be close to 275 after Thanksgiving weekend coming off of a 12m weekend or so. It could still make it, and that's with pretty much the worst weekend holds it could have these next two weekends. It's making 300. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I thought 300m was locked. Although it is still likely, it is no longer a given.Thor:R is already in the 2-3 million ballpark with 50%+ week to week drops and needs about 80m to reach 300. My guess is that it will still go over, especially if it can get at least 25m this weekend.

It's not gonna do 25 this weekend. More in the 22.5-23 ballpark for a 60% or so drop. 

For comparision DS dropped 59% on its similar weekend. 

Also DS had a 1.85 multi from its 2nd weekend. Thor just needs a 1.54 multi from its 2nd weekend to get to 300. Thor has been managing slightly bigger drop than DS and managing to keep up. So you see 300 is not in problem even if it has bigger drops than DS

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah - someone needs to run the Thanksgiving Holiday numbers through the system first before making statements about under 300m - at this point it would have to be a worst case scenario for Thor to miss considering it will be approximately 20m away (rough estimate) after the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Also reading the weekend predictions it is hard for me to fathom that we actually have people writing for Justice League's gross to be under 150m - I mean, I have watched the tracking stuff for weeks, but ask me at the first of the year if that was possible and I would have laughed, and after WW even more so. Just crazy how poorly it has done to build actual buzz.

Yeah, it has Thanksgiving next week, and while Justice League will have a massive opening, I don't think we are looking at amazing legs (unless the fun crowdpleaser opinions come to life, and even then, its legs will probably not take it to the moon).... or not that amazing that it leaves no room for Thor to survive (hell, just this year, we had Guardians + Wonder Woman co-exist amazingly well, why would Thor just collapse against JL?). I really don't see anyway in which Ragnarok misses 300M DOM.

Not surprised though that the less suportive of Ragnarok are those saying that it won't make 300. Not trying to stir flame wars or anything, just saying that it's less surprising that the more unsatisfied were vocal about something whose possibility of happening isn't all that high at this point.

• Like 3