kayumanggi

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD | 495.3 M overseas ● 654.9 M worldwide | Trans Rights are Human Right

Presales in Belgium are great, just saw the opening night (double feature) and both screens were sold out.

I woudn't be suprised with a $2.5m - $3m OW, that would be by far the biggest OW for this year.

The WoM was decently good, people were very positive about Depp. Thats what I got from my midnight viewing.

It's very action packed and might play better in Asian countries that love big actions scenes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Presales in Belgium are great, just saw the opening night (double feature) and both screens were sold out.

I woudn't be suprised with a $2.5m - $3m OW, that would be by far the biggest OW for this year.

The WoM was decently good, people were very positive about Depp. Thats what I got from my midnight viewing.

It's very action packed and might play better in Asian countries that love big actions scenes. 

how did you like it?

8 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

how did you like it?

I don't know, yesterday I saw the first movie for the second time in cinema and I liked that one al lot better the second time in cinema. The crimes of grindalwald had a very strong ending. I liked newt, I like Grindalwalt, don't know if dumbledore was casted right. The middle of the movie sometimes was a bit of slump in some parts.

But overall I liked it, would give it a B+.

• Like 3

Fantastic Tuesday numbers here in Uruguay, almost the same thursday-tuesday that Nutcracker (no data from Argentina, Bolivia and Paraguay from Ultracine, don't know if it will be added to thursday gross or there weren't screenings yersterday)

# Título Sello Público Pantallas Sem ant % Variación Acumulado
1 Bohemian Rhapsody LIFEFILMS 12.291 48 13.960 -11,96 27.519
2 El Cascanueces y los Cuatro Reinos DISNEY 3.412 42 4.931 -30,81 8.556
3 Animales fantásticos: Los Crímenes de Grindelwald DISPEL 3.113 37 0 - 3.113
Edited by lor15
  • Like 1

The hype here in Indonesia is crazy! It's one of the most anticipated movies of the year. Probably 2nd only to Infinity War. People have been asking and waiting for this movie for months. There's a theater that has 44 showtimes in one day for FB2. I expect HUGE opening.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

In Chile, it did 13,255 admissions on its two-day previews. The first one did 1,151 on previews but those were more limited.

I honestly don't know what to compare it to, but if I apply the ratio of Bohemian Rhapsody previews, adjusting for the fact that it was two days, I get 170k admissions for opening week, which with previews included is a 26% improvement over FB1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Asia - China has opened really well. Better than the first one considerably so can expect matching the first one internationally but domestically its certain to drop. So a big no. Perhaps $750-775mn is our best pick.

Its likely gonna drop in its two biggest Asian markets (China and SK). Rest of the asian markets were not that big for it so even if there is a marginal increase it wont matter much eitherways. Its Europe and Japan (and to an extent LA) where it will make most of its money. Its likely gonna open bigger than the first but legs are gonna be worse