DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

24 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Sigh. It sucks but at least I liked it. We'll see if it has good legs to do a Fantastic Beasts-esque come back but I won't expect that. Hopefully WB will look more to Wonder Woman then JL to decide what they'll do with the DCEU going forward. I really don't want them to give up on this universe.

They won't. Warners has invested too much in the DCU,and the box office potential is too great. They will figure out what went wrong (IMHO it was a wrong choice to give control of the Universe to) fire a few people make some corrections, and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Deadline early estimate for SMH was 10M I think and that rose to 15.4M by the end so I guess we will see

That was the 6:00 pm estimate, it rose to $13M at 9:00 pm.

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

The thing is it's still highly liked to fall 50% or more next weekend, even if it does open to something like 95m. MJ2 fell 50% its second Thanksgiving weekend off of a 102m OW, and I wouldn't say that had bad WOM. 

I think MJ2 very much had lousy WOM. But then again, it's possible JL will too.

Tried not to get pessimistic about JL, but this weekend will go from disappointing to outright terrible if it ends up below $110m. My low end prediction was $150m and it’s not even going to come close.

:whosad:

At least I’ll be able to finally watch the movie tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

Deadline early estimate for SMH was 10M I think and that rose to 15.4M by the end so I guess we will see

I would imagine that, since Spider-Man Homecoming was a summer release and JL isn't, there's less potential upswing from later shows since school are in session.

Guardians 2's first estimate was $17-20M (final was $17M), Thor 3 was $12-14M (final was $14.5M).

• Like 1

Critics has dropped on RT to under 40%. Audiences will be mixed, fanboys love it and GA will find it ok. $11-$12 million seem decent, but the Cali and other areas are right now starting off their evening so $13-$13.5 million preview could seem in play as well. But at least we are not in the flop circle that last month was at this point or even this whole summer. So Justice League does $110-$115 million ow, and makes $285-$300 million. International numbers bring the worldwide to $825 million WW or even more. So it’s not doomed, DC isn’t Marvel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1