DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

at 427m ww that one did 2.85x the prod budget (150m) without china. dom (139m) itself came close to the prod budget.

if 300m reports around JL's budget are true, then it needs 855m ww without china to do 2.85x like matrix3.

I think the question was more to do with hype and expectations versus its budget compared to the WW gross. If we're using that metric, then I'd say the answer for a recent comic book film is probably Fantastic Four: $167M WW gross on a budget of $120M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

WB not cutting him loose after BvS will always be one of the great industry mysteries.

JL was already scheduled to start production before BVS released. So that opportunity was already lost. But the faith they had in Snyder to allow that scheduling and give him BVS, JL1, JL2 despite the divisiveness of MOS (it did well at the bo no doubt) and looking at his bo history with Sucker Punch, Owls and Watchmen, is pretty surprising.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Tell that to Tammy, it had huge multiplier

opened on a wed though. even tf5 has nearly a 3x multi (130.2/44.7) cause it's a wed opener.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=transformers5.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=tammy.htm

Edited by a2knet

We'll see how the next few days play out but this could be another big DC film that's remembered more for it's soundtrack than the actual movie in years to come. 

Suicide Squad - Twenty One Pilots - Heathens, Rick Ross - Purple Lamborghini

JL - Gary Clark Jr. - Come Together (Beatles Cover) - it's been all over alternative stations here. 

18 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Honestly, I hope this can save some face until Star Wars. Having this open the week before thanksgiving makes me pretty confident that this could do close to a 2.5 multiplier. 220-240M is where it should end up... I hope.

I'm curious as to the effect of Coco's Wednesday open on JL's Thanksgiving GA prospects.  Loads of middle-aged men like me that have been teased with a JL film since uni that'll be taking the little ones to that instead of going to see what seems to be a middling-at-best ensemble CBM.

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Or they didn't like WW much, it was just released in the right time and circumstances, and that she added nothing to JL BO. Absoltely shitty BO of Professor Marston also confirms it.

What is it with your hatred of Wonder Woman? Geez...

She got a 4x multi and had incredible week to week holds. Of course audiences loved her movie, otherwise she would have never reached 412m domestic! Come on now...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Clearly the solution is Disney buy DC as well. :redcapes:

They already flirted with buying Sony and Fox. So shit, why not?  Then we can get that big budget Marvel vs D.C. movie and finally see Hulk stomp the shit out of Superman. I betcha that would open to 300m.