DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

The song - 

"Everybody knows"...

is also on a lot of people's playlist.

Yeah if there's one thing these movies get right, it's the soundtrack (except the forced choices in SS). I liked the song a lot and believe that's another cover....which makes 3 that JL has utilized in the promotional material and film itself. 

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

But now you have Wonder too and that's not going to be something that families rush out and see. It will spread by WOM which seems to be very good right now. So that's 3 movies. 

And if Coco has great rewatchability (and the songs are good), I could see that being a problem too. 

And yeah, they can all co exist but I see JL being the one that takes the greatest hit. 

Fair yea, Wonder is gonna be more of an issue than anyone was expecting for sure.

For the 3-day next weekend I could see

Coco - $55M

JL - $40M

Wonder - $22M

Just now, DAJK said:

Fair yea, Wonder is gonna be more of an issue than anyone was expecting for sure.

For the 3-day next weekend I could see

Coco - $55M

JL - $40M

Wonder - $22M

That sounds about right unless Coco has this big break out but I haven't seen it promoted that heavily....the reviews will definitely help though and it's got the perfect release date as for families. The subject matter is what could hurt it though. That seems like it would have worked more around Halloween.

5 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

WW had girl power behind it. 

Aquaman will have toxic masculinity. 

Besides, I don't see anyone paying tickets to see discount Kevin Smith swimming. 

If you don't have a real response please don't respond to me.

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I should go to sleep but I'm enthralled, this is maybe the biggest BO fiasco we'll ever see

Over/Under Thor: The Dark World?

Ok, I kid I kid.

Enthralled indeed though lol. I’m really curious about the studio report and possible spins that’s coming now.

• Like 2

DC's already been down this road once before.  Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were not very well liked at all.  They recovered eventually and The Dark Knight trilogy was a legendary run. They will get it together but this was a tough loss for them to take. There won't be another Justice League movie for years to come.  Maybe a decade. 

45 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

The most disappointing thing this weekend is Justice League may bring Thor 3 below a 300m domestic finish. That would suck.

The movie has done very well considering the previous iterations. Everything it is making now is just gravy.

Edited by kayumanggi

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Guys, could you imagine the world we would be living in... the numbers we would be seeing... the state of this weekend thread if

Reveal hidden contents

On the Earth where that happened, BvS was like the 12th movie of the DCU.

Also, people are wondering why some guy in a flag is trying to beat up Tony Stark, and who the hell is Bucky? in the MCEUs 2nd film, Civil War.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

That sounds about right unless Coco has this big break out but I haven't seen it promoted that heavily....the reviews will definitely help though and it's got the perfect release date as for families. The subject matter is what could hurt it though. That seems like it would have worked more around Halloween.

I would go higher for Coco, but the marketing honestly hasn't been up to Disney's standard. I would say that people would just show up for it anyways, but looks what's happening to justice League (and as I've outlined in a few posts I think the terrible marketing has had something to do with it).

• Like 1

I feel bad for James Wan.

Wan will be fine, he has the Conjuring franchise.

It's Momoa I'm worried about. Jason seems to generally be excited about getting the Aquaman role. I imagine he is hoping it will help him break out too.

1 minute ago, Brainiac5 said:

So where would that put JL 10day?

I'm pretty terrible at weekday numbers. Same with 5-day thanksgivings. I'm Canadian so I don't even think of it as a long weekend so I always get surprised by numbers :lol: 

• Haha 1