DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 hour ago, El Gato said:

What is it with your hatred of Wonder Woman? Geez...

She got a 4x multi and had incredible week to week holds. Of course audiences loved her movie, otherwise she would have never reached 412m domestic! Come on now...

Then why WW audiences didn't show up on JL? Mediocre/shitty movies sometimes have great holds when they are released in the right time and circumstances, it happens.

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Then why WW audiences didn't show up on JL? Mediocre/shitty movies sometimes have great holds when they are released in the right time and circumstances, it happens.

I haven't seen the movie but I read somewhere that she doesn't feel the same as Jenkins's WW.

Also the movie is clearly a masterpiece. 

Edited by BigGuyForYou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathlife said:

Has any movie gone so far below tracking like JL? The only one I can think of is Age of Ultron and that movie still came close to a $200m OW.

Empire City had been warning us but I'm not sure anyone knew it would perform this badly. I also mentioned that the hype for the movie was very very muted (I still feel Superman should have featured in the marketing) but from what I've seen so far (Latin America aside) it's just not blowing up. Honestly, I've never seen a movie with this much behind and riding on it fall so badly.  I'm hoping that word of mouth will carry it to another strong weekend next weekend or else WB will be looking at a severe failure.

Regarding the shared universe thing, I think WB should simply concentrate on developing strong solo projects and only tenuously tie them together. WB has shown in the past (and this year even) that they can make critically and commercially successful superhero movies and they should simply focus on that.  Shared universes shouldn't ever be the end goal for producing movies.

AOU was tracking $190-200m until the week before, so right on point.  Even when tracking escalated the week of it was to $210m.  Less than 9% off.

JL isn't really that much below tracking.  It was tracking at $100-120m.  Some just didn't want to believe it.   It's ow if it's $93.5m is less than 7% off the low end.

These are far close than the tracking for the avg movie.  Look at Wonder.  They had it at $9-14m.  IT's going to $30m.  That's 100-200+%+ off.  It's even more off in just $$s than JL.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Because it looked bad to them and had poor reviews?  Why watch it for her in an ensemble role in that when they can pop in their BR and watch WW again instead?

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Because it looked bad to them and had poor reviews?  Why watch it for her in an ensemble role in that when they can pop in their BR and watch WW again instead?

It doesn't work like that. Even with shitty reviews, she should have added something if she's a draw. And there's also Batman, Superman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg. You don't get such shitty results with Avengers like crossover with these characters. It means none of these characters is a draw, maybe Batman a little bit.

Also JL OW below The Avengers second weekend. Lol.

Edited by Firepower

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

DC should have copied the MCU.

There should have been a solo movie for everyone on the team first except maybe Cyborg before doing JL.

Sure, fans would have accused them of copying Marvel, but so what if that means we getting better movies?

But they copied Marvel. JL is like very poorly made version of Avengers. The huge difference between DCEU and MCU is quality of its movies in absolutely every aspect, that's why, for example, Thor: Ragnarok got great reviews and JL shitty ones.

Edited by Firepower

31 minutes ago, Firepower said:

With 350 reviews, Wonder Woman is the best reviews superhero movie of the year. Domestically, she wipes the floor with Logan, Thor, Spider Man, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Multiplier wise, she wipes the floor with all of them, no competition.

Wonder Woman is the best received superhero movie of 2017. Officially.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

Has any movie gone so far below tracking like JL? The only one I can think of is Age of Ultron and that movie still came close to a $200m OW.

Empire City had been warning us but I'm not sure anyone knew it would perform this badly. I also mentioned that the hype for the movie was very very muted (I still feel Superman should have featured in the marketing) but from what I've seen so far (Latin America aside) it's just not blowing up. Honestly, I've never seen a movie with this much behind and riding on it fall so badly.  I'm hoping that word of mouth will carry it to another strong weekend next weekend or else WB will be looking at a severe failure.

Regarding the shared universe thing, I think WB should simply concentrate on developing strong solo projects and only tenuously tie them together. WB has shown in the past (and this year even) that they can make critically and commercially successful superhero movies and they should simply focus on that.  Shared universes shouldn't ever be the end goal for producing movies.

Yeah, making solo movies with just a faint connection between them is the way to go right now. Once they know the world is working then they can try another JL. That should not be before 5 years from now though.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

With 350 reviews, Wonder Woman is the best reviews superhero movie of the year. Domestically, she wipes the floor with Logan, Thor, Spider Man. Multiplier wise, she wipes the floor with all of them. 

Actually, thats not true. The Tomatometer doesnt really matter, the avg. rating does. Wonder Woman sits nice on 7,5/10, the same as Thor: Ragnarok. SPH sits at 7,6 and Logan is the best reviewed of the year with 7,9/10.

Multiplier wise (DOM) its not a contest ofc.

Edited by Brainbug

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

With 350 reviews, Wonder Woman is the best reviews superhero movie of the year. Domestically, she wipes the floor with Logan, Thor, Spider Man, Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Multiplier wise, she wipes the floor with all of them, no competition.

WW's reviews aren't any better than SM:HC or Raganork and not as good as Logan (93%/7.9 with 322 reviews).  Worldwide it's going to rank 4th in B.O.

• Thanks 1

29.2 (+15%)

20.5 (-30%)

The best holds I can give it push it to 88.1 which is crazy. 2.3 to 2.6 is 203-229 Dom total.

65/35 split, slightly better OS ratio than BvS is another 425 international, 654 total. Under man of steel looks more likely than not I'd say.

• Like 1