DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

WW's reviews aren't any better than SM:HC or Raganork and not as good as Logan (93%/7.9 with 322 reviews).  Worldwide it's going to rank 4th in B.O.

Doesn’t WW have the most actual reviews out of all of them? I’m sure RT posted an article with a score that actually took into account the amount of reviews and WW was #1.

I think Logan has the worst multiplier of all the superhero films released this year?  

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Doesn’t WW have the most actual reviews out of all of them? I’m sure RT posted an article with a score that actually took into account the amount of reviews and WW was #1.

I think Logan has the worst multiplier of all the superhero films released this year?  

Most Reviews is not a factor lol. When a film has 300+ reviews nowadays, 20 more or less dont mean much. Its only relevant when some movies have like 100 reviews less.

And ofc Logan had a lower multilpier, its a X-Men Film. For that series, its legs were really good actually. Dont forget it was a violent, R-Rated Character drama.

12 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Something just occurred to me. Has anyone considered that JL may not have performed well because of the poor reception BvS received?

That has to be the primary reason.

Aesthetically, the previews of JL looked more like BvS than Wonder Woman.

And people HAAATED BvS. I know it's controversial on these forums but in reality, it was pretty obvious that most people felt BvS was a dull ass movie.

IT should make it to 700 ww or close even without China, once it releases in Japan (don't know if that has happened yet).  So even without China IT could out-gross JL if JL finishes under 700 ww, but China release will make it a very high possibility.

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

RT's calculation list was a joke.  TDK had even more reviews with a 94% RT and an 8.6 avg and they had it under WW.  Come on.  

After 300 reviews it take quite a few horrible or magnificent reviews to move that avg a point.  It's not as if most of the reviews weren't coming in around the same grade.

Logan had a solid 2.56 multi- quite good for a sequel and it's time of the year and especially good for an X-Men movie which tend to be rather front loaded.  It was also adult skewing, R rated and depressing as fuck.

I gave it a B- but most people who saw it love it.

Edited by TalismanRing

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

IT should make it to 700 ww or close even without China, once it releases in Japan (don't know if that has happened yet).  So even without China IT could out-gross JL if JL finishes under 700 ww, but China release will make it a very high possibility.

It's already released in Japan and had a crazy good hold the 2nd w/e so it might be a runner there.

• Like 1

And people HAAATED BvS. I know it's controversial on these forums but in reality, it was pretty obvious that most people felt BvS was a dull ass movie.

BvS came out just last year so it's still fresh in people's minds. Rushing out JL this year was a huge mistake.

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

After 300 reviews it take quite a few horrible or magnificent reviews to move that avg a point.  It's not as if most of the reviews weren't coming in around the same grade.

Logan had a solid 2.56 multi- quite good for a sequel and it's time of the year and especially good for an X-Men movie which tend to be rather front loaded.  It was also adult skewing, R rated and depressing as fuck.

I gave it a B- but most people who saw it love it.

I did really like Logan. But have never watched it again since that one time in the cinema. Doesn’t have a great replay ability factor. 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

From RTH on international forums this morning:

Mexico : 1 million admissions on Friday

UK: weekend £8-9m ($11-12m)

Brazil: good 3rd day , $13m opening possible

In UK is half of BvS ($21m) and down from SS ($14.7m)

BvS 3day was £15m

Edited by XO21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

In UK is half of BvS ($21m) and down from SS ($14.7m)

Europe markets so far - France, Italy, Germany, Russia look to be down 30-50% from BvS.  BvS had an inflated opening due to Good Friday but not that inflated.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Europe markets so far - France, Italy, Germany, Russia look to be down 30-50% from BvS.  BvS had an inflated opening due to Good Friday but not that inflated.

It was tracking way behind BvS in presales over here so I'm not too surprised at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tauren Warlock said:

Is the $300 million budget for Justice League true?

That is super insane!! total budget could be close to $400 million if it's true. BvS cost $250 million. WB is overspending itself towards bankruptcy.

It would take quite a lot for WB to even get close to bankruptcy

Woof, sub 100M opening for Justice League would be a massive calamity. You mean to tell me that every single DCEU movie thus far crosses 100M OW, yet the DC Avengers fail to reach that mark? That is bad. Very bad. The poorwill of BVS + mixed wom on JL itself creating a perfect storm of collapse. Welp, James Gawd will come to the rescue of the franchise, I hope. Don't wanna just shit on Snyder after everything he went through this year, but I'm glad this was his last DCEU effort. He is a great visual director, but superhero movies and characters are much more than just eye candy - his best SH film being strongly visual (Watchmen) tells you the story right there.

Thor also getting the rough end of the hammer is unsurprising. Was counting on a 60%+ drop with certainty, even accounting with the current possibility of 70%. A threequel with a massively inflated 2nd weekend having to face another superhero tentpole? Yeah, it was getting crippled here. And I don't see the same giant Sat surge as last week coming again (Veterans Day, after all). But even still, it will be at 250M after this weekend, and with Thanksgiving making up for whatever was lost here, 300M is still very much a strong deal at this point.

Wonder is what we need: an amazing breakout story. Nearly 30M OW for that movie almost locks a 100M finish. It's bound to be a big family play through TG and December, and the Oscar buzz can help too. You can't help but admit it: Lionsgate is having, for their standards, a fantastic 2017.

And props to where they're do: not a great result, but The Star is still doing better than it had any right to, tbh. Was looking at maybe 6-7M OW. Overperformances everywhere in November (eeeexcept for JL)!

Happy that Murder is looking at a much smoother drop than original (again, considering last weekend's inflation and mixedish wom, 50% isn't so bad). And while Daddy's Home 2 isn't a movie I'd normally support, I also want it to do as much money as possible, for box office excitement's sake, and its drop, while not great, could be worse. Bad Moms did have a strong hold, though.

Lady Bird is a monster, and love Three Billboards also popping up in the top 10. Roman J. though, not so hot (shame for Denzel).