DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I suspect we'll get more solo films. 

I hope so.

top 5 cbms dom,

ta, tdk, aou, tdkr, wondr

3 are solo

if you take the 8 400+ dom cbms,

ta, tdk, aou, tdkr, wondr, im3, cw, sm1

5 are solo

if you take 350+ dom cbms, then it's the 8 above + dp, sm2, gotg2

Edited by a2knet

18 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I would really like to know how anyone involved ever thought it was a good idea to make this movie with an absolute nothing villain. It's a complete Z list character, I don't even remember seeing him in the trailers, and in the movie he's awful

He's barely even in the trailers. WB marketing department knew they had a nothing antagonist.

Edited by cookie

6 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I think MJ2 very much had lousy WOM. But then again, it's possible JL will too.

It got polarising WOM but it wasn't bad. Many loved it and found it far superior to its predecessor.

Just now, eXtacy said:

Chances this misses 700m?

105m OW | 260m DOM

90m China

350m elsewhere

Its not out of the realm of possibility with the numbers coming in at the moment

JL under IT DOM and Worldwide :ohmygod:....................................:hahaha:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I would really like to know how anyone involved ever thought it was a good idea to make this movie with an absolute nothing villain. It's a complete Z list character, I don't even remember seeing him in the trailers, and in the movie he's awful

Were Enchantress, Ares, whodey? in Logan, Whatsherface/Ego in GOTG2 really the epitome of A-List? The villains (with some exceptions) are increasingly becoming window dressing for what have basically become hero/protagonist showcases. It's karma for the 90's when the Batman flicks were basically spotlights for villain of the week scenery chewing with the lead being just a POV into their world.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

JL under IT DOM and Worldwide :ohmygod:....................................:hahaha:

worldwide it won't happen, but its guaranteed for domestic. To be fair that's more because It was a massive breakout success... after all It grossed pretty much on par with Suicide Squad and BVS