DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

23 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

The number could end up being true....but let me tell you about my patio conversation one night at TIFF with RTH.

When we spoke about early numbers, I asked him why he never gives us early preview numbers and he said that they are too hard to calculate as there is too much going on and everything is incomplete.  So there is no point in trying to extrapolate anything since the data changes so quickly.

So this is just Deadline being Deadline.  I'll always trust RTH more than deadline.  If the 12 is true, then so be it.  But right now, we won't know anything official until the numbers get released later this morning.

With all of that said, Deadline has been pretty accurate on the super early preview numbers. I don’t think we are all of a sudden going to see WB reporting $25m this morning. We did get confirmation from EmpireCity that sales were looking pretty weak last night. 

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

With all of that said, Deadline has been pretty accurate on the super early preview numbers. I don’t think we are all of a sudden going to see WB reporting $25m this morning. We did get confirmation from EmpireCity that sales were looking pretty weak last night. 

yeah but we may see 14-15...

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Uh, Batman Begins (no Ledger) is much better than Man of Steel or anything else in Snyder’s career. 

2 x 0 = 0

I don't remember much at all of the Nolan movies, apart from HL.

Its the subject matter that is the problem.

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

But I'm not saying that it's going to jump up massively. I'm just telling you what RTH told me.  He doesn't give out early preview numbers because it's too hard to accurately gauge what the film is doing.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

But I'm not saying that it's going to jump up massively. I'm just telling you what RTH told me.  He doesn't give out early preview numbers because it's too hard to accurately gauge what the film is doing.  

Yeah...and I think Deadine actually deserves some credit for once. They are pretty bad with the full Friday numbers, but seem to get in the general ballpark on previews. Curious to see how close this 11-13 number ends up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah...and I think Deadine actually deserves some credit for once. They are pretty bad with the full Friday numbers, but seem to get in the general ballpark on previews. Curious to see how close this 11-13 number ends up. 

I guess I haven't been paying attention to the box office as much lately.  I didn't realize they were giving out super early Friday previews.  

If this number does hold up, it's a massive disappointment. 

• Like 2