DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

29 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Except, say, Iron Man+Spider-Man < Wonder Woman? :sparta:

We are talking about worldwide and Iron Man + Spider Man is the highest grossing cbm movie this year. But we'll see what Thor: Ragnarok's final number will look like.

Edited by Firepower

38 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If $36m ends up being the Friday number, best case scenario would be low 90's for the weekend and the more likely scenario would be somewhere in the 80's. If Friday ends up at $38m, the high end would be around $98m. That's close enough for some fudge to push it over $100m, but they need it to reach $38m today and also have a very strong Saturday (38% increase like Thor 3). 

Still a pathetic number no matter how you put it though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why didn't superhero fatigue hurt Logan or Guardians 2 or Wonder Woman or SMH or Ragnarok?

That's weird.

Because 6 supers in a year (7 with Lego Bats, which did under expectation) are less than 11...by definition, the more supers you have in one year, the more they saturate and make it all "same old, same old" feel and they harm each other...we were already talking that 2018 might be "peak super"...

I mean, if someone started a club and said "only one super makes next year's top 5 DOM", or "only one summer movie makes next year's top 5 DOM", I might join it:)...but everyone has these "zero" clubs and those are tough:)...

Although I guess I'm starting my 2018 bold predictions early - there are my 1st 2:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

There are 8 superhero movies next year, and I am not even counting the animated ones, which make it 10 then.

Plus Warner has announced 15 of them for the next 3 or 4 years.

Edited by The Futurist