DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ragnarok is following kinda close the DS drops, which have a 2.73x

Really understand why people still think Ragnarok will not get $ 300M, even with $ 20M this weekend probably it will still finish with at least $ 305-310M

It's not like JL is a monster to cut the legs from Thor beside this weekend

And with the number Deadline quoted for Fri the usual multi would take it to $22-24.  Strange had a 3.7 multi this same w/e

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

And with the number Deadline quoted for Fri the usual multi would take it to $22-24.  Strange had a 3.7 multi this same w/e

I personally think this has more chances to get + $ 330M than <300M

Worldwide i start to thinking Ragnarok could win too [not by much]

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Figure I should slash my IW prediction down to like 330M or something 

That's a movie that's gonna be a real wild card next year...it could as easily way underperform sky high expectations as exceed them.  I think critics will play a huge role in how that goes, since if it feels like a 2-parter and that gets out, it could go the way of Harry Potter 7 pt 1 - taking a step back when you can't imagine why it's not taking a step forward when all the fans have waited for it...I mean, it's got an enormous floor guaranteed...but then so did JL and it's not going much above it...at least not yet...

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's a movie that's gonna be a real wild card next year...it could as easily way underperform sky high expectations as exceed them.  I think critics will play a huge role in how that goes, since if it feels like a 2-parter and that gets out, it could go the way of Harry Potter 7 pt 1 - taking a step back when you can't imagine why it's not taking a step forward when all the fans have waited for it...I mean, it's got an enormous floor guaranteed...but then so did JL and it's not going much above it...at least not yet...

JL is missing the floor. It's below the floor right now. It should be doing way better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Terrible for Orient Express and Daddy's Home but not unexpected, the thursday numbers weren't high enough to do more than what we are seeing.

I think that Deadline is too pessimistic with those. Orient could do 14m with a 4m Friday and DH2 could do 13m with a 3,7m Friday. Those would be solid with tht kind of competition and TG coming.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

A Thor movie is flying past 300 with BP all but locked to be another all around triumph for MCU. In other words, the MCU couldn't possibly be in any healthier of a condition going into IW. There's no argument that will possibly convince me IW can miss 400 DOM. I still don't think it can do worse than Ultron outside of similar reception. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2