DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

12 minutes ago, The Pumpkin Spice Panda said:

Black Panther has a lot of buzz, much more than Dr Strange did.  It could push for 300m, especially with an uncrowded february.

That’s why I said could, nothing is set in stone for Black Panther. Also even if it doesn’t crack $250M DOM it would still probably be successful. 

I’m currently predicting: 

OW - $115M 

DOM - $320M

OS - $390M 

WW - $710M 

Edited by Mr Impossible

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Theach setup for him has been so bad I find it hard to imagine they'll do anything interesting with him

Well Feige has already said this about IW: "in a movie that has a lot of characters, you could almost go so far as to say he is the main character, and that’s a bit of a departure from what we've done before [with other villains], but that was appropriate for" this film

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

CGI shouldn't automatically mean generic villain. Thanos should be far more than your typical CGI CBM villain if he's done well at all. He already has 6+ years of buildup within the franchise going in his favor. What other villain has ever had that in a franchise? 

They barely teased at him. I still do not get what hype for him is. 

Anyways. JJ needs to reboot the DCEU  he has saved Star Trek and Star Wars. Now time to save DCEU. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I hope Infinity War is Marvel's first rotten film just so it can put an end to the whole Marvel pays critics saga

Technically...they’ve had a rotten ‘movie’ in theaters and it’s even lower than all the DCEU movies. :ph34r:

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Theach setup for him has been so bad I find it hard to imagine they'll do anything interesting with him

Folks still hyping up Thanos after seeing him Guardians :gold:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Y’all wasting time argue about villains when the appeal of Marvel movies have always been on the heroes.

If IW seeing big drop off from Ultron, it’s gonna be because it has like 40+ characters in it.

The only hook that movie has right now is Avengers meet Guardians (which I’m sure will be the focus marketing point). Whether that will be enough for GA we’ll see.

• Like 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

At this point i just trust Kevin Feige and Co. I doubted Ant-Man; they delivered. I doubted Doctor Strange; they delivered. I doubted Homecoming (yes, i did); yet, they delivered.

They wont fuck up Infinity War.

Ant-Man came in under pretty much everyone's expectations. 

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

They barely teased at him. I still do not get what hype for him is. 

Anyways. JJ needs to reboot the DCEU  he has saved Star Trek and Star Wars. Now time to save DCEU. 

The whole infinity stones narrative has revolved around teasing his entrance. Not sure how much more they could build him up without actually having him in the films. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well Feige has already said this about IW: "in a movie that has a lot of characters, you could almost go so far as to say he is the main character, and that’s a bit of a departure from what we've done before [with other villains], but that was appropriate for" this film

Oh lordy. It's gonna be horrendous ain't it

I believe Feige when it comes to Thanos. From the outset he seems like a potentially horrible villain, like a Ronan the Accuser on steroids. But if they're serious about truly giving him plenty of screen time then maybe they're serious about developing him like a proper villain should be. 

For example, everyone was raving about Hela in Ragnarok and then it turns out she's barely in it...these films should be more or less half hero, half villain. 

• Like 1