DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

13 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

WB is to blame for letting Snyder start JL and film 6 months of it.  It reportedly took them into seeing Snyder's cut to be alarmed because I guess no one read the script or was involved in any serious capacity in ongoing production - even after they shook up the studio and Snyder had given them BvS.  Why?

13 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure but they knew who they were working with.  He should have been on a tight leash and they should have had more eyes and hands (competent ones) on the production as it filmed.  

Warner Bros. Vice President of Production Jon Berg was on set during most of principle apparently "supervising."  The Hollywood Reporter confirmed this at the time.  So...no excuses, Warner Bros.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

lol what? SS just made over $700m, making a sequel to that - from the point of view of the top brass - is a much safer bet than investing hundreds of million in some unproven property.

I think a Quinn solo will the best bet story and budget wise. No SS, Deadshot etc. That could also lead into GCS in the future if things work well.

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

lol what? SS just made over $700m, making a sequel to that - from the point of view of the top brass - is a much safer bet than investing hundreds of million in some unproven property.

SS2 will crash and burn too.

My hopes for DECU:

1. No more CGI fests - the less CGI the better, look at Nolan's films

2. Get grounded stories

3. Get excellent directors, no more synder and the likes

4. Get excellent villains that are not video game villains

5. Make your films FILMS and VIDEO GAMES. Make them grounded, believable, realistic. Raise the stakes that we can be invested in. 

6. Change Affleck, he looked really un-interested in JL.

7. Don't try to be Marvel. Don't over-do the humor just to be Marvel. You won't and shouldn't.

Edited by MinaTakla

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I dunno, Alice 2 says hi.

I think the list of original-/-unproven-material-flops is a lot longer than the list of sequels-to-a-hit-flops. That's what it's all about to the bean counters. Even if SS2 drops, i doubt it will to the extent that they will lose money. Not to forget all the ancillary income that's connected when it comes to franchises like comic books...

6 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

My hopes for DECU:

2. Get grounded stories

Nolan didn't have god-like heroes or vilains !

Same with grounded stories, hard to have this when your enemy is Brainiac or Darkseid

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

DEAD

If all of that 2m came out of Sunday then the Sunday drop is 33%

UPDATE: #JusticeLeagueJusticeLeague_JL.png did worse on SUN than studio expected dropping 31% instead of 27%. Opening wknd ended up at $94M. Daily breakdown: 

FRI $38.5M (incl $13M THU pre-shows) 

SAT $32.7M (-15%) 

SUN $22.7M (-31%) 

WKND $94M, $23k avg

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

My hopes for DECU:

2. Get grounded stories

3. Get excellent directors, no more synder and the likes

4. Get excellent villains that are not video game villains

5. Make your films FILMS and VIDEO GAMES. Make them grounded, believable, realistic. Raise the stakes that we can be invested in. 

6. Change Affleck, he looked really un-interested in JL.

7. Don't try to be Marvel. Don't over-do the humor just to be Marvel. You won't and shouldn't.

You mean no more bad CGI fest, Marvel films are, after all, CGI fests, expecially GotG and the upcoming infinity war.

1 minute ago, ArmGunar said:

Nolan didn't have god-like heroes or vilains !

Nolan didn't have Superman. Hard to do grounded and realistic when you have Superman. What would it be about, him rescuing kittens? Him battling criminals? Where are the stakes when you are Superman?