DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Doing an alternate universe would be terrible. Nah, i highly doubt that will happen. They will continue or ditch everything. Well, they will restart everything... eventually...

They'll keep Wonder Woman and Gal since it's been proven she works so far. The chances of us ever seeing the likes of, say, Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor or Jared Leto's The Joker again are looking to be very slim though.

10 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I think he IS a great Superman.

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

In fairness to Snyder I don't think any director could've really saved the character with Goyer and Nolan's script for MoS. That thing was broken even before Snyder touched it.

I agree with these two assessments. Cavill may not be the greatest actor in the world, but his presence and the way he presents himself.... it clicks great with the character of Superman. And he did great with the few DCEU scenes so far where he actually got Superman-like material. Unfortunately, the MOS script was so devoid of humanity (ironically, as it was supposedly all about showing Kal El as a flawed human more than just a Mr. Perfect alien) that it was hard for me to root for Superman to begin with, but honestly, it's not really Cavill's fault. Not to anything remotely relevant of a degree, anyway.

@a2knet Again, just move Shazam and WW2 away from their current dates. Put Flashpoint and maybe Aquaman in 2019, then WW2 and Shazam in 2020. As far as 2018 goes.... I dunno, push another animated superhero movie to the holidays, like Teen Titans Go? Nah, Sony is already doing that trick on the same timeframe. I don't know about that.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 minute ago, Diana Prince said:

Does 94 million v 96 million really make a difference at this point? I have never seen more of a pile on thread. The same mocking/laughing/gloating for near 200 pages. I sure hope when a Marvel movie is disappointing (that will eventually happen), DC fans don’t do the same thing that has gone on here. 

I am a fan of both studios. I loved WW and I also loved Spider-Man: Homecoming and Logan. I think it is very disappointing and sad what happened to JL this weekend. Trust me, we get that the movie vastly underperformed. Horse beat dead, dead and dead. 

I'd laugh if a Marvel movie flopped as well.  All these superhero movies had it coming.  They've been so successful for so long and as a result they're being oversaturated in the marketplace.  They deserve to be knocked down a few pegs.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Oh, and Wonder is selling insane today, so I guess public schools are out here (my college isn't off until Wednesday but the campus was pretty quiet today). I might cancel my show today to avoid an audience full of kids :ohmygod: 

But what if you get an audience full of seniors when you see it? :thinking:

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'd laugh if a Marvel movie flopped as well.  All these superhero movies had it coming.  They've been so successful for so long and as a result they're being oversaturated in the marketplace.  They deserve to be knocked down a few pegs.

Tsk tsk.... so much bitterness about Valerian - a CBM - bombing. :lol:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

that may have to include throwing Cavill and Affleck away, which is a shame but oh well

It’s tough to blame Cavill for the JL underperformance given how he was largely absent from the marketing of it. 

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I agree with these two assessments. Cavill may not be the greatest actor in the world, but his presence and the way he presents himself.... it clicks great with the character of Superman. And he did great with the few DCEU scenes so far where he actually got Superman-like material. Unfortunately, the MOS script was so devoid of humanity (ironically, as it was supposedly all about showing Kal El as a flawed human more than just a Mr. Perfect alien) that it was hard for me to root for Superman to begin with, but honestly, it's not really Cavill's fault. Not to anything remotely relevant of a degree, anyway.

It's sentiments such as these i just can't fathom (all the stuff about MoS). Hey, at least you like Cavill, too. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

They wouldn't ponder a Flashpoint movie if they weren't thinking to do their own days of future past though. It's actually perfect for them cause the only unabashed hit they have is a film that takes place long before any of the others.

I don't know what Flashpoint is. I don't read comics. ;) 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

But did you see it?

That's what I thought.

I can't even take Delvigne and DeHann for a few seconds during the trailers and ads.  I was never going to make t it through an entire movie of them.

Much easier to just watch The Fifth Element again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

But did you see it?

That's what I thought.

Nobody wants to see Dane DeHaan looking like a ten-year old pretending to be Harrison Ford.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1