DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

15 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

I am a fan of both studios. I loved WW and I also loved Spider-Man: Homecoming and Logan. I think it is very disappointing and sad what happened to JL this weekend. Trust me, we get that the movie vastly underperformed. Horse beat dead, dead and dead. 

I think its deserved after the 3 prior movies (Man of Steel, Batman VS. Superman, and Suicide Squad) all got middling to terrible reviews/reactions.  Until now there has been zero incentive to change gears and change course from a financial POV because they all made good money(how SS made fucking 330m is beyond me).  If shit movies like these could continue to make money indefinitely its not good for anyone, including masochistic Snyder superfans.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

That made $91m

But they left off 3 other SM movies, TWS, GOTG & The Last Stand

Adjusted for inflation, TASM 2 made 93 million.

There's a chance ( though small ) that JL performs like TASM 2. That would barely give 200 million domestic to JL.

The worst reviewed Spider Man movie is still better reviewed than most of DCEU movies. TASM 2 tomatometer is higher than both BVS and SS tomatometers combined and it's higher than Justice League's tomatometer. This is truly fucked up. The movie also went on to make 506m million overseas, which would be 521 million if adjusted for inflation. Justice League isn't doing that money overseas.

Now, Sony gave up the TASM series after what happened to TASM 2. It's impossible that Warner isn't thinking in big changes in their universe. I loved Justice League, but the movie is paying for how bad BVS and SS were reviewed. Third time is a charm, so people obviously won't be flocking to watch a sequel to BVS, which is Justice League.

The Amazing Spider Man 1 made 757 million worldwide 5 years ago. Adjusted for inflation, that number is 807 million.

• Like 1

Final domestic numbers for some DC movies released in the past ( adjusted for inflation ):

1) Batman ( 1989 ) - 251 million domestic- 509 million ( adjusted )- Freaking monster!!!

2) Batman Forever ( 1995 )- 184 million domestic- 302 million ( adjusted )

3) Batman and Robin (1997 )- 107 million domestic- 163 million ( adjusted )

4) Batman Begins ( 2005 )- 206 million domestic- 261 million ( adjusted )

5) The Dark Knight ( 2008 )- 534 million domestic- 618 million ( adjusted )- Monster!

6) The Dark Knight Rises ( 2012 )- 448 million domestic- 478 million ( adjusted )- Monster

Obviously it's hard to see any movie ( DC or Marvel or whatever ) making TDK, TDKR or even the first Batman domestic numbers.  Only Avengers managed to do that. 

However, there's a real chance that Justice League ends up selling less tickets than Batman Forever and perhaps the movie will barely make more than Batman and Robin.

People know I really loved Justice League, but how the hell could WB mess up that bad? Come on. 

34 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It's sentiments such as these i just can't fathom (all the stuff about MoS). Hey, at least you like Cavill, too. ;)

Sorry man but to me, the flaws with MOS's script are very apparent. But I do like Cavill, indeed. Hey, the whole cast of MOS was well chosen and they all did a decent job at the very least.

Antje Traue stole the show, though. Holy crap, Faora was an amazing villain. Zod was good too, but she stood out more.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Sorry man but to me, the flaws with MOS's script are very apparent. But I do like Cavill, indeed. Hey, the whole cast of MOS was well chosen and they all did a decent job at the very least.

Antje Traue stole the show, though. Holy crap, Faora was an amazing villain. Zod was good too, but she stood out more.

She's still stuck in the Phantom Zone floating somewhere in space.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

She's still stuck in the Phantom Zone floating somewhere in space.

Oh, (neck)snap.

Spoiler

For the record, I actually liked the idea of Superman killing Zod, before anyone throws me shade for that :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123