DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, (neck)snap.

Hide contents

For the record, I actually liked the idea of Superman killing Zod, before anyone throws me shade for that :ph34r:

It's a decent idea horribly executed (like a lot of the film actually).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I think its deserved after the 3 prior movies (Man of Steel, Batman VS. Superman, and Suicide Squad) all got middling to terrible reviews/reactions.  Until now there has been zero incentive to change gears and change course from a financial POV because they all made good money(how SS made fucking 330m is beyond me).  If shit movies like these could continue to make money indefinitely its not good for anyone, including masochistic Snyder superfans.

Um, don't speak for everyone. MoS and BvS were good for me, i.e. i got enjoyment out of them. I'm not a Synder fan, not a comic book fan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Sorry man but to me, the flaws with MOS's script are very apparent. But I do like Cavill, indeed. Hey, the whole cast of MOS was well chosen and they all did a decent job at the very least.

Antje Traue stole the show, though. Holy crap, Faora was an amazing villain. Zod was good too, but she stood out more.

She was a mean bitch. If i'm allowed to say that.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Ditto, tbh.

I actually think it's more than a decent idea - it's a damn solid one. Imo, it just had an annoyingly idiotic setup, which is a bummer.

Superman's NNNNYYEEEEEAAAAAARRRGGHHH will never not make me laugh.

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

@That One Guy, it's okay to like a movie without killing it through endless stanning. :lol: 

this forum is unfair to good movies.  i have to correct people when they give factually incorrect opinions about dane dehaan's excellent performance in valerian and the city of a thousand planets (2017, dir. Luc Besson)

I mean, the thing with Aquaman...if it's in the can and as awful looking as this movie's water scenes...it might be better to move the darn thing to March, just get rid of it and the known coming awful reviews (b/c no way a reviewer watches those effects for 2 hours and doesn't kill the movie), and then (after it crashes and burns) say the whole universe is going to be rebooted/rethought with no more movies til late 2020 (with WW2)...

I mean, WB is obviously not really good at this "reopening movies and trying to jam fixes in"...

In that time, spend 6-12 months thinking of stories and characters that work...and then make them work...eat the sunk costs now, b/c they are sunk anyway, and get a fresh start...  

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

this forum is unfair to good movies.  i have to correct people when they give factually incorrect opinions about dane dehaan's excellent performance in valerian and the city of a thousand planets (2017, dir. Luc Besson)

...no you don't. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Superman's NNNNYYEEEEEAAAAAARRRGGHHH will never not make me laugh.

I know they're not popular around here (especially after the awful debacle involving Signore), but Honest Trailers' "What are you gonna do? Watch DC???" at the end of the GOTG Honest Trailer (followed by that Superman scream) is all the more current after the JL box office fiasco, tbh. [Which is both funny and pretty depressing at the same time.]

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

She was a mean bitch. If i'm allowed to say that.

You're more than allowed, mate. She was one mean fatherfucker.

And yet still, she was gonna respectfully let that soldier have a knifefight with her, rather than just demolish him right there. Mean, evil and dangerous.... yet honorable and badass at the same time. She was a supporting villain and she was better than 90% of all comic book movie antagonists out there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

speaking of which my blu-ray for the masterpiece comes in tomorrow.  yay.  you guys have ruined it for me because you don't know cinema but still, yay.

I will rent soon. I have low exceptions so that is good.