DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, grey ghost said:

93% professional movie lovers (critics) recommend Homecoming?

What percetage recommend Valerian?

Cause I can't think of a better measure of entertainment value than a consensus of professional movie lovers (critics).

Maybe box office but Valerian gets trounced there also.

lmfao dude it's his opinion.  not everything has to be a statistic.  i also thought Valerian was better than Homecoming and JL and I'm gonna own that opinion without being told "well actually most people preferred those two movies over Valerian so technically you're wrong and you should feel bad."

• Like 3

Re Valerian.

Luc Besson is a pretty divisive; for many Americans his style is definenly an acquired taste.

I found Valarien to be a mixed bag;some of entertaining, a lot of the it fell flat though.

I think Besson is a classic case of "If you like that sort of thing,that is the sort of thing you would like."

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

If shit movies like these could continue to make money indefinitely its not good for anyone, including masochistic Snyder superfans.

Shit, disposable movies are making and will continue to make bank independently of Snyderverse flopping or not. Look no further than this year top 20. How many quality films can you find in there, 2? 3? 4 at most?

• Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

What exactly was it?

every week i updated my fantasy theater based off box office, programmed my own trailers for it, and basically just fucking ran a movie theater

i could still do all of it, but the trailer insanity is what made it fun and time consuming in a productive sense.

hollywood is dead

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

All I'll say about The Hobbit is after the first one I didn't bother to see the other two.

The second is like legit good. It has some bad parts in it (the "love story" uaargh), but the third act, altough too long, is mesmerizing. Third one SUCKS though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmfao dude it's his opinion.  not everything has to be a statistic.  i also thought Valerian was better than Homecoming and JL and I'm gonna own that opinion without being told "well actually most people preferred those two movies over Valerian so technically you're wrong and you should feel bad."

I think Freddy Got Fingered is better than The Godfather.

Another completely pointless opinion.

If you're going to claim superheroes are ruining the industry back it with stats or data.

Not just "I like this better".

There are people who enjoy a person literally taking a steaming dump on their chest.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

every week i updated my fantasy theater based off box office, programmed my own trailers for it, and basically just fucking ran a movie theater

i could still do all of it, but the trailer insanity is what made it fun and time consuming in a productive sense.

hollywood is dead

Just come up with your own trailers.  Think of what each studio would realistically attach to the movies you're showing and roll with that.

• Disbelief 1

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He was in the second half of JL. Not so much for the other Snyder films. A self piting, mopey depressed Superman is just wrong,wrong,wrong.

Inner conflicts, sure...a character withouthem is pretty much boring....but making Supes into another Batman was the single biggest mistake Snyder made.

I hasten to add this was not Cavill's fault,he was just doing what the writers gave him and the director told him to do.

I don't feel like Superman was like Batman.

I like the take. I bet if a being with super powers would turn up in todays world, the discussions we would have would be similar like in the film. Of course that would wear one down. The same goes for the woes of growing up as a freak. It makes him human. Despite all that, he still retains the Superman qualities of compassion and wanting to do good.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

Just come up with your own trailers.  Think of what each studio would realistically attach to the movies you're showing and roll with that.

But see it don't work like that

How the fuck would I have attached Pitch Perfect 3 to Justice League? But that's what actually happened!!

Funny that all of you are talking about Valerian. Finally got around watching it last night. While I didn't like Valerian himself, bad acting, the story was great. Would love to see more movies in that universe.

The movie needed better and more well-known actors. The average movie goer doesn't care about unknown stories with unknown actors these days.

Just now, grey ghost said:

I think Freddy Got Fingered is better than The Godfather.

Another completely pointless opinion.

If you're going to claim superheroes are ruining the industry back it with stats or data.

Not just "I like this better".

There are people who enjoy a person literally pissing on their chest.

yes, if a person thinks Freddy Got Fingered is better than The Godfather, they might be in a very small minority, but it's still their opinion.

also, you thinking superhero movies are ruining the industry is pertinent to your own opinions on the genre.  if you don't like the superhero movies being put out and are getting sick of it, then yes, you are going to express your feelings that they're ruining the industry.  nothing wrong with feeling like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orestes said:

All I'll say about The Hobbit is after the first one I didn't bother to see the other two.

I saw all 3, but as a Huge admirer of Tolkien, I found it to be vastly inferior to Jackson's LOTR. The reason The novel is just too short to justify a Nine hour running time,and to fill it out Jackson had to put in a lot of stuff he made up that has little relatation to what is in the book,and it is vastly inferior to the things takng directly from the novel. Jackson went "Hollywood" on it.

It is telling that the two best scenes in the movie...the Riddle game with Gollum and Bllbo's meeting Smaug all taken word for word from the Tolkien novel.

The Hobbit would have made a fun Three to Four hour movie;but nine hours was just too damn bloated.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2