DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

This what I’m thinking after the Australian OD. 

16 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

JL Thu 1.7, T:R 1.76

JL WE 8-9

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I was expecting 1.5-2m from previous correspondence. 

I think 7.5-8.5m OW seems more likely. 

If we go with 8m and do a multiplier of 13-14 that gives a Domestic OW of USD104-112m

I’m going to go with USD106m. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Australia OD

BvS $3.4m (Easter weekend)

SS $3.2m

JL $1.7m

WW $1.1m

#australiahateswomen

@aabattery

Blindly taking the ratio of ODs to project the weekend you get some random looking numbers,

83 ow if JL behaves like BVS (1.7/3.4*166.0)

71 ow if it behaves like SS (1.7/3.2*133.7)

160 ow if it behaves like WONDR (1.7/1.1*103.25)

But taking the average, (83 + 71 + 160)/3 = 314/3 = 105 ow

:lol:

• Like 1

DHD stated that they got that preview number from WB early estimate (I think WB maybe throwing a curve ball here)...

I don't see how it's around 12m preview ....

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1

I don't get why after WONDR's amazing performance, JL would drop big from BVS's 166 ow. People managed to compartmentalize WONDR from BVS/JL.

BVS having very strong dvd/Blu-ray numbers gave me confidence that it's better appreciated than one might think.

Also the 3-hour cut has been liked better.

F8's 99m ow could end up not much more than 10m smaller than JL. Doesn't make sense. Even if WONDR didn't exist at all as a movie, I wouldn't have expected JL to go below 130 ow.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

Never take the internet's word on extended editions being more well-liked

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 6

Just now, a2knet said:

I don't get why after WONDR's amazing performance, JL would drop big from BVS's 166 ow. People managed to compartmentalize WONDR from BVS/JL.

BVS having very strong dvd/Blu-ray numbers gave me confidence that it's better appreciated than one might think.

F8's 99m ow could end up not much more than 10m smaller than JL. Doesn't make sense. Even if WONDR didn't exist at all as a movie, I wouldn't have expected JL to go below 130 ow.

The age-old rule is the new film (sequel, reboot, whatever) will pay for the sins of the last. Justice League is the follow-up to Batman v Superman. Not Wonder Woman - that was its own separate thing that managed to build on WOM/reviews. 

And Batman v Superman was highly disliked, even despised by many. Nothing presented by Justice League suggested a change of pace, let alone any novelty. This opening shouldn't be even remotely shocking.

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Never take the internet's word on extended editions being more well-liked

It might add a little context to some aspects of the movie but overall the UE does nothing to fix BvS.