DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

11 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

The age-old rule is the new film (sequel, reboot, whatever) will pay for the sins of the last. Justice League is the follow-up to Batman v Superman. Not Wonder Woman - that was its own separate thing that managed to build on WOM/reviews. 

And Batman v Superman was highly disliked, even despised by many. Nothing presented by Justice League suggested a change of pace, let alone any novelty. This opening shouldn't be even remotely shocking.

Agree, but expected a 20% drop or so [like with Cars3 (54) and Cars2 (66)]. This could drop around 35% from 166.

Also expected WONDR to mitigate the drop somewhat - at least the ow drop due to early excitement, if not the overall dom drop.

I hope it's to some degree due to the release period and that despite being a sequel it will shot decent legs compared to BVS. I mean at least 2.4x or so if the ow is 110m.

Edited by a2knet

If JL does these numbers expect a chain reaction inside both DC and WB.Heads will roll.Movies will be cancelled.For the existing movies that have been announced i can only see WW2,Reeve's Batman and possiby Flash and MOS2 (after the great reaction to the characters) moving forward.Hell it wouldn't take me by surprise if they would suddenly cancell the SS sequel.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

If JL does these numbers expect a chain reaction inside both DC and WB.Heads will roll.Movies will be cancelled.For the existing movies that have been announced i can only see WW2,Reeve's Batman and possiby Flash and MOS2 (after the great reaction to the characters) moving forward.Hell it wouldn't take me by surprise if they would suddenly cancell the SS sequel.

Aquaman's already filmed, Shazam's in pre-production. They might decide to ditch Shazam but that's not really tied to JL at all. The only project that would be incredibly at risk is Justice League 2.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

After all the issues that this movie had gone through I don't believe WB think that they will make 1B with this movie. If they come out surviving and that audiences look forward to these character for standalone they are more than happy.. I think even 800m WW would suffice. Although we fan want it to make as much as possible ...but ...it is.. what it is.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Aquaman's already filmed, Shazam's in pre-production. They might decide to ditch Shazam but that's not really tied to JL at all. The only project that would be incredibly at risk is Justice League 2.

yeah i wasn't thinking about Aquaman and Shazam.I was talking about the movies that have not entered production yet or are in development.

Honestly as long as the universe exists Justice League 2 will happen.Question is when.WB will look to restrore faith before starting production for JL2.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

I think WB knew they were in trouble with Justice League once it became apparent BvS was going to easily miss $1 Billion. Lucky for them their other DC films have worked and it seems audiences just judge them on their merits and don't associate them closely with the Snyder films. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I don't know why they would ditch Shazam irrespective of how JL performs. WONDR2 is obviously fine. Flashpoint should be a go to considering Flash was well received and Wondy is a co-star. Quinn became a huge hit and SS2 or any other Quinn movie, should be ok. AQM is obviously releasing. Can't see Reeve's Batman being canned. Don't see one movie in pipeline being cancelled due to JL's potential underperformance. That would be like if after BVS reception they had doubts around releasing WONDR.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

yeah i wasn't thinking about Aquaman and Shazam.I was talking about the movies that have not entered production yet or are in development.

I think the only project that's in development that's at risk because of this is Justice League 2. 

Just now, a2knet said:

I don't know why they would ditch Shazam irrespective of how JL performs. WONDR2 is obviously fine. Flashpoint should be a go to considering Flash was well received and Wondy is a co-star. Quinn became a huge hit and SS2 or any other Quinn movie, should be ok. AQM is obviously releasing. Can't see Reeve's Batman being canned. Don't see one movie in pipeline being cancelled due to JL's underperformance. That would be like if after BVS reception they had doubts around releasing WONDR.

Yeah I don't see why they'd ditch Shazam either. The only film I can see them giving ((more)) pause on is Justice League 2 which I didn't expect to see for a while anyways. They might just use Flashpoint to reboot/retcon out stuff anyways at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Yeah I don't see why they'd ditch Shazam either. The only film I can see them giving ((more)) pause on is Justice League 2 which I didn't expect to see for a while anyways. They might just use Flashpoint to reboot/retcon out stuff anyways at this point.

I suspect we'll get more solo films. 

• Like 2

I would really like to know how anyone involved ever thought it was a good idea to make this movie with an absolute nothing villain. It's a complete Z list character, I don't even remember seeing him in the trailers, and in the movie he's awful

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Subzero said:

After all the issues that this movie had gone through I don't believe WB think that they will make 1B with this movie. If they come out surviving and that audiences look forward to these character for standalone they are more than happy.. I think even 800m WW would suffice. Although we fan want it to make as much as possible ...but ...it is.. what it is.

I agree.Hell,after all the drama (it's crazy to think that just this summer reshoots were still underway) i'm kinda suprised we even got a movie that the audience like/love.I don't expect this movie to destroy the box office.All i want it is to do numbers similar to the highest grossing comic book films this year (800-850M) to call it a success.That being said,the thttough of what could have been is still kinda dissapointing.I honestly love Snyder's work but maybe his was not right.

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I suspect we'll get more solo films. 

Watch them throw millions to screenwriters to fast track a good Superman script.Never thought this would happen but seems like he came off this one as the fan favorite.Reactions for him,both times i saw it,are off the roof.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel