DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I guess I haven't been paying attention to the box office as much lately.  I didn't realize they were giving out super early Friday previews.  

If this number does hold up, it's a massive disappointment. 

Yeah, I thought my 18-20 prediction was a possible lowball and it might end up much worse. Crazy stuff!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So probably around $105-110m weekend in that scenario. Nowhere close to what WB expected on a $300m production budget. 

That still hasn’t been confirmed tax credit wise. BOM/Variety/THR haven’t included reported budget yet. 

Just now, Krissykins said:

That still hasn’t been confirmed tax credit wise. BOM/Variety/THR haven’t included reported budget yet. 

Studios don't make films like Justice League to just break even my friend 

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Studios don't make films like Justice League to just break even my friend 

Actually, they kind of do.  Most films don't really see a profit until the ancillary stuff kicks in.  

But that doesn't change the fact that if this finishes under 300mill domestically, it's a disaster.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Actually, they kind of do.  Most films don't really see a profit until the ancillary stuff kicks in.  

But that doesn't change the fact that if this finishes under 300mill domestically, it's a disaster.  

Comic Book movies are supposed to be cash cows for studios really, that is why they keep getting made.

Edited by Lordmandeep

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

They probably break even on this one thanks to merchandising and so forth. But the numbers are still potentially a huge embarrassment for such a high profile project. Warner CEO must be on the hot seat right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Comic Book movies are supposed to be cash cows for studios really, that is why they keep getting made.

Thank you for that enlightening piece of information.  I had no idea.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, CJohn said:

Nah. Under 200M is flop. Also, it depends on the OS performance as well. 

We have to see if it opens to around 100-110 million it is not certain for a ~300 million finish. 

That would require it to have better legs than a mostly female-oriented blockbuster like MJ1 and then you have the 400-pound Gorilla coming out in 4 weeks. 

20 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

With inflation, under $350M is a disaster. BvS adjusted for inflation is about $341M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

I think there is too much doom and gloom about this movie.  Opinions and forecasts are going to be higher after Thanksgiving weekend no matter what last night was.

You really think people are going to flock after to this movie seeing the Rotton Tomato score? 

3 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I think there is too much doom and gloom about this movie.  Opinions and forecasts are going to be higher after Thanksgiving weekend no matter what last night was.

Sure but even with the Thanksgiving Weekend it's going to be tough for JL to get $300M if it opens around $110M. It's just bizarre to think that a Justice League film is not a slam dunk for $300M in North America.