DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

come on Lionsgate give me Wonder #'s

Lionsgate’s feature adaptation of the bestselling YA novel Wonder also previewed last night and earned $740k from 2,400 locations that had showtimes starting at 7PM. That movie came was tracking at $9M, moved to $14M and there’s a very good chance it could well outperform. 

From Deadline, not sure if this would guarantee it to outperform. I had a high hope on it to hit high teens

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Preview to OW multi of comparable movies and JL's OW if it has same multi. 

Avengers - 11 - 143

WW - 9.4 - 122

CA:TWS - 9.33 - 121

logan - 9.3 - 121

DS - 9 - 117

Gotg2 - 8.6 - 112

Thor 3 - 8.46 - 110

Gotg1 - 8.4 - 109

SMH - 7.6 - 99

CW - 7.16 - 93

AoU - 6.9 - 90

SS - 6.5 - 86

BvS - 6 - 78

Max I can see now is 110-112 which would be same multi as Thor 3/Gotg2. Both of these movies had lots of walk ups and had great reviews which JL doesnt. 100m or less is a possibility too

I can see it having that AOU multi...

• Like 1

the only possible Saving Grace for this is that word of mouth on this from everyone with the exception of critics is actually pretty good. So maybe regular people word of mouth will get more people into the theaters this weekend and maybe possibly like an inch towards a hundred twenty million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some will try to sugarcoat it but there’s nothing to say other than this preview number is embarrassing. 

We are talking about the JUSTICE LEAGUE. All the big boys and Wonder Woman from the DC comics coming together and it’s OW is looking to be lower than a Thor 3 Movie. 

This is bad. Real bad. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 15

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

the only possible Saving Grace for this is that word of mouth on this from everyone with the exception of critics is actually pretty good. So maybe regular people word of mouth will get more people into the theaters this weekend and maybe possibly like an inch towards a hundred twenty million.

Thing is if only $13m worth of fanboys showed up for previews.. how does that bode well for people who aren't already into this universe?

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Slightly disappointed by that Wonder # but it's the kind of film that plays better over the weekend than selling high on Thursday night.

If it follows Edge of 17:

5M (5.74M OD)

6.25M

4.01M

16M OW

This should easily have a better multiplier since this is PG (and not R like that film was). $17-18M looks like the target, and it'll likely see a sub-10% drop next weekend.

• Like 2

A 16M OW would be pretty good for Wonder and if the film ends up becoming a WOM hit and plays incredibly well, then 100M is not out of reach (even if it is a long shot).  Plus I think it'll go over that since Edge of 17 would probably be a bit more frontloaded since it's rated R and didn't have the crazy good WOM that Wonder will likely have.

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I think having WOM better then Batman vs Superman Word of Mouth is far away from pretty good... 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

A 16M OW would be pretty good for Wonder and if the film ends up becoming a WOM hit and plays incredibly well, then 100M is not out of reach (even if it is a long shot).  Plus I think it'll go over that since Edge of 17 would probably be a bit more frontloaded since it's rated R and didn't have the crazy good WOM that Wonder will likely have.

168 million DOM incoming :hahaha:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1