DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Thor3's 8.46x preview to OW multi gives 110m.

8-8.5x gives 104-111m.

Even with 111m it needs 2.70x multi for 300 dom.

I think any of those scenarios you posted is being generous. Could easily go under 104 and possibly under 100. DC movies tend to be a lot more preview-frontloaded than Marvel.

I can’t help but think about how WB “planned” all this out and wanted to have a response to the Avengers and THIS is what their end product gives them. 

Never would I have imagined a Justice league movie would start off so poorly. Forget quality or whatever because that’s a matter of opinion. But numbers wise.....I’m speechless. 

But I guess this is what happens when you want the results but you don’t have a clear vision or have a clear plan of what direction you’d like to go in. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother said:

$300M May be dead.

Never thought it’d impact it that bad.

What’s strange is, where’s the goodwill from Wonder Woman? 

Wonder Woman will definitely remain domestic box office champ of the superhero movies in 2017 now! 

:) 

Justice League is basically the Transformers: Last Knight of the DCEU franchise.  Even if it opens above 100 million, this is still less than what MOS did 4 years ago. 300 million domestic not locked by any means. Legs are unpredictable. At least word of mouth isn't toxic, it's actually good.

Like The Last Knight, JL is also the 5th movie in a franchise.  Aquaman solo movie is probably gonna act as DCEU's Bumblebee. 

Perhaps this is a sign that Warner should focus on the solo movies. Aquaman is finished filming Shazam is gonna start filming next year. Wonder Woman 2 is a go. I have my doubts about a Suicide Squad sequel ( many people disliked the first one, so the sequel might get punished like JL has been for BVS mistakes ). A MOS sequel and a Flash solo movie also must happen.

• Like 2

Just now, Chewy said:

more like Dadman

Sigh. Bruce got corny over Supes' death.

Where was the whole "WHEREVER YOU GO, WHATEVER YOU DO, I WILL FIND YOU" Bat Branding the hell out of some Parademons.

• Like 1