Fake

Brave OS Thread

This is kind of off topic but anyone surprised How to Train Your Dragon only made 277m overseas?

Yes. And it can not even be blamed on underperforming in a certain region. Perhaps the slow start in NA caused a negativ effect on advertizing it OS. The goog legs it then had in NA could not be utilized as an advertizing argument.

Kung fu Panda - 416mKung fu Panda 2 - 500m (3D)Madagascar 2 - 423mSince Madagascar 3 gets the 3D treatment, I expect an increase similar to KFP2. This is almost locked to pass Brave OS.

I feel like Madagascar 3's the sequel that no one really cares for. I see Ice Age doing well but Madagascar suffering as a consequence. Brave I think will do OK overseas based on the strength of the Pixar brand.KFP2 did well on the strength of the Asian markets alone. Madagascar does have the 3D bump this time but it is going up against Ice Age which is insanely popular in Europe. Will Madagascar be able to get over that big hump? I'm not so sure. Going up against another popular franchise in the same area and in the same season doesn't seem like good news. Ice Age is the bigger of the two so I expect Ice Age to crush Madagascar's gross in Europe and dominate with kids there. Edited by Bluebomb

Madagaskar has the advantage of coming first in a lot of markets. IA4 will dominate in July OS. For Brave only the brand name Pixar is a plus.

Madagascar should do well in Latin America but it'll do poor in Asia like last time. Only 12/30 markets in Europe listed on Madagascar's release dates page show Madagascar 3 coming out in June. The rest come out in July or later and after Ice Age 4. Even worse, big markets like Germany and UK are showing this in October, a long time away from the rest of the world. Sure, it'll come in the midst of holidays but I don't think the long delay in those 2 territories will help.