Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

On 2/7/2022 at 9:56 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Death on the Nile is a more enjoyable story and has more interesting characters than Orient Express so not actually surprised by this. My enthusiasm was just dampened by the Hammer and Wright... developments. But these reviews have gotten me interested in checking this out again.

I agree, as a detective novel, I think "Nile" is far better then "Express". I don't get why "Orient Express" is so famous, IMHO it is one of Christie's weaker mysteries.

THis is the third time around for this one, the 1978 film, the BBC production, and now this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lion Roar said:

Well Poirot was a WWI refuge to England so I hope this is a roundabout way to setup The Mysterious Affair at Style as the next movie. 

The next Poirot should hopefully be Cards on the Table or The ABC Murders. But rooting for Cards. It's the best Poirot story.

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The next Poirot should hopefully be Cards on the Table or The ABC Murders. But rooting for Cards. It's the best Poirot story.

If they continue the franchise they'll probably do The Murder of Roger Ackroyd since that one is so highly regarded. I am hoping for Lord Edgware Dies myself.