Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

Wait, how are people supposed to know this is a sequel to Murder on the Orient Express unless it's clumsily shoehorned in the title? I'll help Fox out as their marketing department clearly doesn't understand good movie titles:

"DEATH ON THE NILE: THE SUPER DUPER EXCITING NEW MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS AGATHA CHRISTIE MURDER MYSTERY STORY SAGA, PART 2"

Edited by MOVIEGUY

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

YES! Gal is amazing!

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yes, likely to be a cameo simply because he wants to get her in the movie, she's off filming Red Notice soon after.

Hmm, the character is an American heiress, she will have to master a posh American accent. :jeb!:

On 2/28/2018 at 5:12 PM, MrGlass2 said:

I meant, for people who have read Murder on Orient Express (even years ago, like me). But it seems to me the twist is famous even for non-readers.

I think when twists are easily formed into snappy summaries (like the famous ones from Harry Potter or Star Wars), they become well known even among those who've never actually seen/read the material. Whereas explaining the twist of And Then There Were None (as just saying the killer doesn't really explain it) quite literally takes a long epilogue explaining it step by step, and it's so nihilistic that most adaptations change the ending anyway, for Murder on the Orient Express, you just say 

Spoiler

Everyone did it

and you're done.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Weird that Gadot and Cavill are getting so many roles after bloggers told us stupid fanboys so insistently and so aggressively that they were horrible, wooden actors, that starred in dumb, laughable, unenjoyable box office bombs.

There are ignorant bloggers who let their personal feelings about the DC films spill over into their feelings about individual actors. I follow some bloggers and ignore others for that very reason. You probably shouldn't be reporting on films if you believe that the DC actors write, direct and edit those films. 

• Like 2

@Spidey Freak That's casting against type. Some actors are happy to play the same type of character over and over, some want to expand their range. It's also a great twist. This will make more than MOTOE which did very well itself.

@Napoleon As @Zakiyyah6 said they are dumb and biased. As for the actors/actresses, more careers ended because of dumb behavior on the set than because of faulty acting or bombs. We just don't hear about it but you bet that people who stopped working were not getting good references. It's like non-movie jobs. Nobody likes dicks and divas. So if Gal and Henry are pleasant to work with, treat everyone with respect, act professionally, are always ready etc, it doesn't matter what bloggers think or how little some of their movies made. Ryan Reynolds is an example of an actor who's a pleasure to work with by many reports so he was kept around despite bombs and blogger lampooing.  

• Like 2