Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

I think at this point Disney is ok with sacrificing the FOX movies to theaters worldwide so I think New Mutants, Kingsman and Death on the Nile will indeed come out this year.

I see you are under the delusion that Disney is calling the shots here. They are not. State and local authorities are calling the shots. frankly.

When is Disney actually going to start promoting this movie? Comes out Oct 2020 and we haven't seen a trailer or even a single promotional photo from the film. Is Disney really going to put this movie in theaters? Besides this thread, I don't see anybody else on the internet talking about this movie. 

13 hours ago, meridan said:

When is Disney actually going to start promoting this movie? Comes out Oct 2020 and we haven't seen a trailer or even a single promotional photo from the film. Is Disney really going to put this movie in theaters? Besides this thread, I don't see anybody else on the internet talking about this movie. 

They are either A) selling it off to Amazon/Netflix/HBOMax, or  b) releasing simultaneous to PVOD/limited theaters or even straight to VOD.  I can't see this movie on Disney+.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Straight to Disney+ or Netflix.

The fact that it's not yet delayed to next year, makes me think you're right. This is aimed at older people, they will not venture at the cinemas while the virus is still strong

So far the Disney Marketing for this is cositng them next to nothing, a sign they are fully aware they are unsure about the October opening.

College Football going donw the tubes rapiblsy is anothre sign this might be a bleak fall for the Entertaiment industry.

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Maybe? I could see them delaying this one, since this could be a bonafide franchise if this one works.

What makes you think that? A murder mystery is perfect for a Netflix night. I think the only reason Disney keep it in theater is that there were some terms before shooting saying this movie must be released in theaters. Otherwise streaming is a great place for it.

Older people returned to cinemas here pretty fast. Rendez-vous chez les Malawas is the biggest movie post-pandemic and it is being driven by mostly older audience. It is the families that are still not going.

• Thanks 1