Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

5 minutes ago, meridan said:

I'm shocked that they still plan on releasing this in theaters. The demographic most likely to see this movie is the same demo that is least likely to go back to the theaters right now. 

Maybe they're hoping to ride on Wonder Woman 1984's coattails (assuming it doesn't move away from October 2).

I really don't see why they couldn't push this back just a few months. The marketing campaign literally began today and it's out in two months.

Along with Kingsman, Disney are throwing the Fox franchises to the dogs. Though, again, I'm really not sure where they could go after this. All of the other great Poirot books aren't at all cinematic. This is probably the most crowd pleasing of the lot.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, meridan said:

I'm shocked that they still plan on releasing this in theaters. The demographic most likely to see this movie is the same demo that is least likely to go back to the theaters right now. 

the first one surely overperformed internationally especially in the UK - it's the same thing as with Tenet, the exhibitors need these films and are begging for stuff to not delay because of the US

3 minutes ago, antovolk said:

the first one surely overperformed internationally especially in the UK - it's the same thing as with Tenet, the exhibitors need these films and are begging for stuff to not delay because of the US

The FOX movies are great sacrificial lambs from Disney to theaters. Plus Kingsman and Death on the Nile's previous movies did very well OS.

• Like 1

I imagine distributors are just starting to put stuff out there for countries that have done a much better job in containing the virus so that they have things to show but won't risk packing theaters up even with social distancing guidelines in place here. Likely one of the reasons why Disney finally decided to send Mulan to streaming (since it was tracking for a big opening weekend here before everything happened).

• Like 1

I'm sure this will be fine, but the last Orient Express was one of those movies that I barely remember a thing about. I remember there was an avalanche, there was a really loud gunshot made by Leslie Odom, Jr., Daisy Ridley was amazing and beautiful as always...and that's it. Glad Letita Wright's getting work in this. Maybe I'll catch this on a Sunday afternoon on HBO or something. 

19 hours ago, Eric Sparrow said:

I'm sure this will be fine, but the last Orient Express was one of those movies that I barely remember a thing about. I remember there was an avalanche, there was a really loud gunshot made by Leslie Odom, Jr., Daisy Ridley was amazing and beautiful as always...and that's it. Glad Letita Wright's getting work in this. Maybe I'll catch this on a Sunday afternoon on HBO or something. 

I remember I tried seeing it and I ended up seeing Daddy's Home 2 instead.