Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Idk how big his role is in the book but maybe there's enough time to just reshoot all of Hammers parts?

He's the male lead and basically causes the plot, so they would have to reshoot almost everything. 

Edited by Lion Roar

This Armie Hammer message drama won't be news a week from now, let alone by September (heck, it's barely even news now with the pandemic and the political chaos unfolding in the U.S. completely drowning out everything else). If it underperforms, it wouldn't be because of his presence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

So what are the odds that Disney buries this now that it's been revealed one of the leads is, uh, a fucking cannibal, with credible enough evidence that he just dropped out of another project over his dms

So what if he is a cannibal? He isn't murdering people to eat them. Just likes to purchase human meat. That's it. No different than folks purchasing animal meat. Of course, now there will be some false rape allegations because of leaked messages. If he was really a rapist then someone would have come clean against him during Metoo and later. But no woman or guy did. I think these are just messages in poor taste and that's all. Shall I remind everyone here that James Gunn also tweeted a lot of questionable things back in the day, but the double standard fanboys still supported him and got him back in the Disney fold. If you are going to villify Hammer then Gunn should be painted with the same stroke. Frankly, I am not a fan of either person, but people have become too fucking sensitive nowadays. Get a grip, you weaklings. This whole PC culture is bullshit and ruining the world. 

• ...wtf 3

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

So what if he is a cannibal? He isn't murdering people to eat them. Just likes to purchase human meat. That's it. No different than folks purchasing animal meat. Of course, now there will be some false rape allegations because of leaked messages. If he was really a rapist then someone would have come clean against him during Metoo and later. But no woman or guy did. I think these are just messages in poor taste and that's all. Shall I remind everyone here that James Gunn also tweeted a lot of questionable things back in the day, but the double standard fanboys still supported him and got him back in the Disney fold. If you are going to villify Hammer then Gunn should be painted with the same stroke. Frankly, I am not a fan of either person, but people have become too fucking sensitive nowadays. Get a grip, you weaklings. This whole PC culture is bullshit and ruining the world. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This Armie Hammer message drama won't be news a week from now, let alone by September (heck, it's barely even news now with the pandemic and the political chaos unfolding in the U.S. completely drowning out everything else). If it underperforms, it wouldn't be because of his presence.

Moreover, it's an ensemble piece.  You can totally sell it without him, and you can do a press tour without him.

That said,

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

FWIW Armie Hammer being a sex freak isn't an Earth-shattering development (even if these particular apparent fetishes definitely enter "woah too much" territory). He got attention when he liked BDSM material on his social media feeds a couple of years back, which is funny when you consider he was one of the bigger names at the time that instantly passed on Fifty Shades of Grey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

This whole PC culture is bullshit and ruining the world. 

I would not put taboo around cannibalism or rape has something the PC culture starting in the late 80s to now brought, that something that was fraught from most time and most place, that does not goes well with old school conservator either or most laws (after a check cannibalism is perfectly legal, i.e. you can eat yourself, a bit like in many state where prostitution is perfectly legal just activity around it than to be made illegal).

That said has far has we known it is a mix of really kink sexting and roleplay that is being alleged, with infidelity of having occurred right, there is no mention of any of this actually occurring ? In that sense (if that what it is), making a big out of that would feel a bit like some renewed puritanism. It does seem of a case to either go in prison (not just kink, but actual rape or forced cannibalism act occurred) or not (just fun kink between consenting adult) more than a faux-pas that hurt your movie career here. 

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

I'm sorry, but what the fuck is wrong with you?

To start with the bare minimum: uh, no, it is absolutely NOT the same thing.

Second: Gunns controversy was a result of an alt-right 4chan troll campaign. Armie was sending booty calls DMs with graphic rape, cannibalism, and murder fantasies, including apparently audio. So no, it is not like the Gunn situation.

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

That was a fake recantation. If it were just fake, he would not be dropping out of roles because of it.

It's been buried in the Shotgun Wedding news/DM drama but he also just dropped out of another project because of conflicts with that Godfather making-of series he's doing (which presumably was set to begin shooting right after he was done with the JLo movie).

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's been buried in the Shotgun Wedding news/DM drama but he also just dropped out of another project because of conflicts with that Godfather making-of series he's doing (which presumably was set to begin shooting right after he was done with the JLo movie).

Except his official reason for leaving was the accusations: