Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

28 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Armies ex is claiming they are true.

I think there is a bit of talking over each other heads, are the claim that he like to talk about it (and send DM about it) true versus did he actually engage in cannibalistic practice.

The only thing I have to say about the drama itself is that I’m pretty sure Armie Hammer isn’t actually a cannibal, but that there are other concerning things about this whole situation.

Anyway, I’m not sure why this five day old news is just now blowing up, but I’m noticing a bunch of checkmark accounts on Twitter (one of the biggest shitholes on the Internet) who are commenting on how they can’t believe someone with the name ‘Armie Hammer’ actually exists. These people are either just trying to be funny (if so, they’re not doing a very good job) or they don’t follow movies very much. 

Armie Hammer has always seemed like a creep/weirdo though?

Those texts are cringey more than anything. I'm sure he thinks it's very arousing to read but it comes off as funny, to me. People have all sorts of fantasies. I imagine no one wants their sexting to be made public.

10 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Armie Hammer has always seemed like a creep/weirdo though?

Those texts are cringey more than anything. I'm sure he thinks it's very arousing to read but it comes off as funny, to me. People have all sorts of fantasies. I imagine no one wants their sexting to be made public.

Apparently, his exes are also claiming that they were genuinely scared of him, and that he was emotionally abusive to them. I do think that just from reading the texts, they come across more as weird and somewhat creepy than genuinely terrifying, but the woman who posted them apparently thinks Hammer genuinely hurt her.

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that she’s exaggerating things for attention, but these kinds of accusations are enough to ruin a person’s career. And before anyone jumps on me, no, I’m not saying that she or the other exes are lying, but as someone who’s always been wary of the MeToo movement, I usually have that possibility in the back of my head. 

How could anyone defend him?

Best case scenario: he is a creep with potentially deadly kinks who emotionally/physically abused many women while being in a marriage, and who used his own children ("walking them out", as if they were dogs) to hide his perverted, dangerous affairs. Also ate the raw heart of a poor dear that he slaughtered just for the "vibe" of feeling a still pulsing heart.

Worst case scenario: he is seriously dangerous, a psycho with plans of violating/killing women for sake of his own sexual pleasure.

He is also a mediocre B list actor, it's not like he is a talented thespian or a worldwide star a la Depp- Dicaprio, so why would you want to die on the hill of defending him?

He is totally replaceble with any tall blond actor, see Sam Heughan, Aleks Skaarskard, Garret Hedlund, Charlie Hunnam. Even Aaron Taylor Johnson could play his roles.

I hope this is the last time we hear or read his name, but Hollywood would certainly go a long way to give second chances to rich white men. 

Edited by ThePrinceIsOnFire
  • Like 1

yeah nvm Hammers career is over. Daily Mail found his secret instagram, full of selfies and videos showing him doing bunch of drugs and casually drinking and driving...

Replace with him with Josh Duhamel, Josh Hartnett, Ashton Kutcher etc or any of the seemingly washed up early 2000s "leading man" candidates.

If they want a more relevant name, Henry Cavill??

Edited by excel1

2 hours ago, meridan said:

Wish Disney the best of luck trying to market this movie. This movie is pretty much DOA. 

It's a big ensemble piece and they can always push him to the back of the poster or mostly cut him from the trailers. They might face a bigger marketing hurdle with Ansel Elgort in West Side Story where he is pretty much front and center ("might" being the key word since there's been nothing since his allegations that barely received any attention last summer, as opposed to the immediate fallout we've seen with Hammer as well as Marilyn Manson and Morgan Wallen with their own controversies this past week).

Armie's personal publicist has also apparently resigned. Man sounds like a walking trainwreck who needs professional help.

The entire Hammer family sounds like bad news. Having read about Armie Hammer's dad and grandfather (both of whom raped Armie Hammer's dad's sister), I'm not surprised this guy turned out to be just like them. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I do wonder how they'll go on with the press for this film with one very, very problematic person and two somewhat problematic people.

Nobody knows who he is, or really cares, either. There are a bunch of obvious replacement choices that are 'names' but not expensive and are regularly working and can play the role of of "taller pretty late 30s white dude" that Hammer was basically only playing. Hartnett and Duhamel could be subbed in with basically no issues whatsoever. Ashton Kutcher too though he is prob. a bit too recognizable unlike the other 2 who are in that "I've seen them somewhere but forget where" phase of their careers with most moviegoers. Is Eric Bana still alive?

Edited by excel1