Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

Nobody knows who he is, or really cares, either. There are a bunch of obvious replacement choices that are 'names' but not expensive and are regularly working and can play the role of of "taller pretty late 30s white dude" that Hammer was basically only playing. Hartnett and Duhamel could be subbed in with basically no issues whatsoever. Ashton Kutcher too though he is prob. a bit too recognizable unlike the other 2 who are in that "I've seen them somewhere but forget where" phase of their careers with most moviegoers. Is Eric Bana still alive?

Josh Duhamel is actually replacing Hammer in that JLo movie he just dropped out of. Guessing that project has been retooled a bit since he's a much more age-appropriate pairing with her (a 3-year age difference vs 17 years between her and Hammer).

Edited by filmlover

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The entire Hammer family sounds like bad news. Having read about Armie Hammer's dad and grandfather (both of whom raped Armie Hammer's dad's sister), I'm not surprised this guy turned out to be just like them. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I do wonder how they'll go on with the press for this film with one very, very problematic person and two somewhat problematic people.

What...wtf...

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

The entire Hammer family sounds like bad news. Having read about Armie Hammer's dad and grandfather (both of whom raped Armie Hammer's dad's sister), I'm not surprised this guy turned out to be just like them. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I do wonder how they'll go on with the press for this film with one very, very problematic person and two somewhat problematic people.

Holy shit. Given the very likely abusive environment he grew up in, I'm not surprised things turned out the way they appear to have. That's so horrifying and sad. 

Apparently he is a serial killer. Absolutely insane. Disney will have to reshoot his scenes with a new actor or this movie will never come out.

The bodies of 3 woman were found near the hotel he was working on during the pandemic, the Ramsey 29 Palms.

I shit you not, if in 2019 you asked me what was more likely, a global pandemic or Armie Hammer being a serial killer, I would go with the pandemic.

Edited by CJohn
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Apparently he is a serial killer. Absolutely insane. Disney will have to reshoot his scenes with a new actor or this movie will never come out.

The bodies of 3 woman were found near the hotel he was working on during the pandemic, the Ramsey 29 Palms.

I shit you not, if in 2019 you asked me what was more likely, a global pandemic or Armie Hammer being a serial killer, I would go with the pandemic.

CJohn, go home, you're drunk.

This has escalated to not being funny...people will start believing everything now

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

Calm down, Cena John.

The entire situation is already really sad considering he has two young kids and is clearly having a dark moment if everyone's dropping him, no need to go down the rabbit hole of outlandish theories based only on vague "I'm saying but at the same time I'm not saying" tweets. All that does is prove why nobody takes the concept of "trial by social media" seriously.

FYI this is really Armie's next movie, to be released at the end of the month (a small role in Taika's Next Goal Wins and this delayed movie are his only other projects awaiting release). The title couldn't be more perfectly timed.

Edited by filmlover

8 hours ago, DAJK said:

Enough with the trial by social media. If he really did these things, it will come out publicly. But doing this kind of stuff doesn't help anybody. Stop.

That mentality is nice: 

This is all alleged with #ArmieHammer until proven otherwise.