Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

So, after everything, what the hell is going to happen with this movie? Do they go the extra mile and reshoot the movie with a new actor in Hammer's place, or do they quietly dump it within next January or something like that? If they do the latter, then I could see it shifting to the January 2022 date that their now-dead Nimona movie recently vacated. I'm betting on the latter myself since Disney really wants to get the Fox holdovers done and over with and start putting their own stamp on the studio.

44 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

So, after everything, what the hell is going to happen with this movie? Do they go the extra mile and reshoot the movie with a new actor in Hammer's place, or do they quietly dump it within next January or something like that? If they do the latter, then I could see it shifting to the January 2022 date that their now-dead Nimona movie recently vacated. I'm betting on the latter myself since Disney really wants to get the Fox holdovers done and over with and start putting their own stamp on the studio.

No way in hell are they going to do that. It would cost way too much money to build those sets again and bring everyone back. 

35 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This isn't the only completed project of his awaiting release (he has a movie out at the end of the month) so unless something bigger drops (meaning actual accusations/charges and not outlandish conspiracy theories by random people on Twitter), these projects will release as is. Not like he's a big A-lister in the first place. Although the reality is this likely won't even be a story next month (it barely is now), let alone by September. All we know is that the man is clearly a mess if everyone is dropping him and that these movies are the last things we'll see him in for a while.

Poor Kenneth though. First the obviously hacked to death in post botch job that was Artemis Fowl, now a movie in which one of its stars is deeply troubled.

• Like 3

Too late to reshoot or do anything really and the budget means they can't just drop it.

I think they will just release it and drop him from the promo and add disclaimers etc.

Its an ensemble cast, so should not be a reason for people not to see it.

• Like 1

He is one name in a large cast, and he's not a household name. Don't think the film would be badly affected. Like all 2020 films Death on the Nile is doomed to flop anyway. Defo no reason to change the film or cut him out or whatever.

• Like 1

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Ironically they could put it straight to Disney+ in 2022 since it's no longer under the HBO deal but...yeah I don't think they'll want to, unless they shellnoutnfor reshoots in the next 11 months

This has been finished for a while (it was all set to open last fall before being delayed at the 11th hour), Gal is pregnant, and Kenneth has moved on to his next project. To add insult to injury, Hammer isn't the only actor in this to be the subject of negative headlines recently. They might as well dump it on Hulu without fanfare but clearly that's not happening.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

February eh? Maybe they're going to Plummer this

Possibly, but it's going to be way more expensive than the Plummer stuff because he's playing one of the main characters and if they're staying true to the book he's going to be in at least 3/4 of the entire movie. 

I hope this won't compromise the chances for a sequel because I'd love to see more Branagh-directed Poirot movies.