Plain Old Tele

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

1 hour ago, ecstasy said:

Poirot lovers like me make David Suchet's Poirot a hard act to follow. I've seen every episode of every season at least twice or more, lol. They are really good. Plus a lot of your favorite actors/actresses have appeared in at least one of the episodes of either Poirot or Marple.

I didn’t know there was such a show! I need to look it up!

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/20th-century-fox-sets-dates-for-untitled-james-mangold-ferrari-project-kenneth-branaghs-death-on-the-nile-1202416198/

Moved to December 20. Odd to pit it up against Star Wars, especially if this becomes a Disney project, but it's arguably better than being surrounded by Wondy and Bond.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/20th-century-fox-sets-dates-for-untitled-james-mangold-ferrari-project-kenneth-branaghs-death-on-the-nile-1202416198/

Moved to December 20. Odd to pit it up against Star Wars, especially if this becomes a Disney project, but it's arguably better than being surrounded by Wondy and Bond.

IDK about Bond, i assume it's also the case,but WW had a bigger older people watching it than your typical cbm and MOTOE skewed older as well so there is a big overlap there...i thonk it's a better date for it to work as cou ter programming and then take advantage of the holdays and a typically barren January.

I'm assuming Poirot is investigating a different murder at the beginning (as referenced at the end of Orient Express); otherwise the entire story will be rejigged from top to bottom (and the Christie people wouldn't let that happen).

TLJ and especially Solo showed that SW is just like Snoke - thinks it cannot be betrayed and beaten but - bummer - it can! :lol: So studios scheduling counter-programming or even more direct competition against Episode IX is no surprise. Bring it! Makes everything more interesting.

• Like 1

I am fine with this development as long as it absolutely does not mean that Call of the Wild is being pulled from that Christmas date. That's my one and only plea. And I am ecstatic that counterprogramming is going up against Star Wars. The less monumental that franchise seems, the more originality might be able to come out of the industry as a whole. Sure, there'll still be Marvel, but it's a sinch by the inch.