WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Justice League 7.5M | Wonder 4M | Thor 2.5M

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I tend to lowball MCU movies, but seems to me that IW1 will land in the CW range of things (OW and domestic).

I can see that.

For CBMs I tend to be fair in predictions. For example I think IW will have a $200M+ OW and have shit legs and gross about $450M. 

23 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Even if it's over $300m OS this weekend, it's opened in EVERY single territory. It will finish with $450m OS.

By the way if you believe it will finish with 450 OS then there’s a chance it can go above that as The Domestic total should be over 225.

So 700mil ww isn’t off the table yet.

3 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I tend to lowball MCU movies, but seems to me that IW1 will land in the CW range of things (OW and domestic).

Really now?

In that case Tele, I take back what I told you before. I’m gonna need you to lowball the hell out of Black Panther por favor. 

Edited by Sam
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

For the summer, I think Infinity War is in the best position to score huge. Seems that Deadpool2 and Incredibles 2 are really close together. They appeal to different demos though. So maybe that will give them both room to thrive. Next year is going to be absolutely fascinating to watch. 

I agree, especially with March and April not looking that strong. HAN SOLO on the other hand is sandwiched by two family films and DEADPOOL II, which I think will prevent it from doing big numbers. And then you have JURASSIC WORLD II lol. What a season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I agree, especially with March and April not looking that strong. HAN SOLO on the other hand is sandwiched by two family films and DEADPOOL II, which I think will prevent it from doing big numbers. And then you have JURASSIC WORLD II lol. What a season.

Han Solo and Dead2ool will hurt the worst. IW, JW2 and TI2 will be fine.

Edited by YourMother

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Tele and I agreeing on box office predictions. 

It only means one thing.....the world is coming to an end. 

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Next 2 years are just packed with major movies. I really hope MoviePass survives...though their new subscription plan isn’t reassuring. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

Next 2 years are just packed with major movies. I really hope MoviePass survives...though their new subscription plan isn’t reassuring. :unsure:

Sorry, no idea what that is. Am from the other side of the world. How does it work?

To be honest I think IW, I2 and Deadpool 2 are safe. I think the predictions for IW are OTP and it'll probably be in the $450M range. I think I2 will do $500M+ and I think Deadpool 2 will do around $330M....maybe $350M+ depending on quality. 

Im not really sure about Han Solo and I think that one is going to suffer the most out of IW, I2, Deadpool 2 and it. I think IW and Deadpool 2 are far away enough from each other where they're not impacting one another THAT much and I mean let's be honest here.....is Deadpool 2 attracting the same audiences as I2 and vice versa....although the red suits may make it confusing for some parents....

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Sorry, no idea what that is. Am from the other side of the world. How does it work?

You can watch a movie everyday (non-3D/IMAX/Special Events) for a set price per month. They originally lowered their price to $9.95 in August from something like $50 per month. I signed up then, but now they’re rolling out the yearly subscription for ~$85. I get the idea that they’ll get thousands of consumers who’ll pay for a year, but won’t use the service much. I just can’t imagine they’ll last long with that strategy. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, YourMother said:

DCEU and DC should be fine, Aquaman, Shazam, and WW2 should all do over $300M domestic and TTG should do $100M+ but JL should be a lesson to WB about the future.

LMFAO at thinking Shazam and Aquaman are gonna do $300m. 

• Like 1

Han Solo will be fine - $450M Dom at a minimum and probably even higher. The bigger question will be if The Incredibles II outgrosses it for the 2018 box office title. Right now, I am inclined to say yes given the intensely positive response to that teaser.