WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers: Justice League 7.5M | Wonder 4M | Thor 2.5M

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Even the high end of that range is still a pretty weak hold. It will be incredible if this doesn't even make 200M :hahaha: 

If it does make less then 200, then under Logan is happening. If you told me two months ago that the Justice League film would make less then Guardians of The Galaxy, I'd have called you crazy. Now... whew!!!

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Haha 1

So man you people love over estimating the budget on these "deserved flops". 

TASM2 I remember people throwing around shit like 450-500M budget. Because "hey, 250M... plus 150M marketing, so a 400M production budget and THEN I'll add marketing costs no one will notice :ph34r: "

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

This is the percentage of the total gross the last seven big pre-Thanksgiving openers brought in during the first 10 days.

Deathly Hallows 1 - 74%

Breaking Dawn 1 - 78.5%

Breaking Dawn 2 - 77.8%

Catching Fire - 69.8%

Mockingjay 1 - 66.95%

Mockingjay 2 - 70.5%

Fantastic Beasts - 66.666% (really)

Let's give Justice League $170m after 10 days. If that's 75% of the total gross, it's making $226.6m....

The Fate of the Furious $225,764,765

tenor.gif?itemid=4476069

tenor.gif?itemid=8051431

9 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

200k a week or so is probably what Whedon got. It's not a directing deal because he didn't get a directing credit.

I feel like that is 2 different think, I am pretty sure is contract for Justice League (and salary) mentioned that he needed to direct the movie to get is paycheck and probably got a specified amount for writing and a different one for directing, guild credit is completely different.

If Gilroy get 200k (is biggest directing movie credit being Bourne Legacy 276m) I am not sure why Whedon only get the same.

Regardless if Whedon started to work in May 2017, that is around 25 week would be around around 5 million like Gilroy, a large portion of that 25m and do not leave a lot of money for the SFX of the news shoots (that not much below the 7-8m I had in mind for him), considering the extra cost of non planned/overtime heavy workload

Edited by Barnack

Deals for these sorts of pickups/extra production/replacement production aren't negotiated based on stuff like prior box-office performance. It's a different situation. Whedon might get a script doctor fee for the early portion of the work (before actual production begins) -- that would be a relatively standard fee for that sort of thing: could run 100k-200k/week. He'd get a separate amount for the directing portion but that would likely be for production only. Then he might have a separate rate for post-production (which likely wouldn't be as much as the directing+writing elements).

Point being -- I think you're over-estimating the amount of the reshoot budget that went to him. Yes, WB no doubt spent quite a bit, but the bulk of it isn't getting dumped into a single person's salary.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Was discussing this with @MrPink but Vin Diesel would make a very good Batman.

AwPxGOf.png\

Look at that rage. It would be marvelous.

Also, the Rock would be Robin.

Can Statham be Deathstroke

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

Wonder might hurt Coco.

Slightly worried about it honestly. I've seen Coco and it will be a heartwarming crowd pleaser for sure. I hope the market is strong enough for both movies to do well

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Was discussing this with @MrPink but Vin Diesel would make a very good Batman.

AwPxGOf.png\

Look at that rage. It would be marvelous.

Also, the Rock would be Robin.

Can’t do that. 

He already locked it in with Marvel to lead the highly-anticipated Inhumans movie.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Generally the Sunday to Monday drop for most movies fall is in the low 60% during Thanksgiving week. So a 69 to 73% would be bigger than normal drop for JL. But again, it is early. Interesting to see what happens.

On the other hand, Wonder seems to be doing Wonderful.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How long until Wonder overtakes Justice League? I think definitely by the time the December 8 weekend arrives. Either way, it's gonna happen.

The more interesting question is will Wonder beat JL DOM? Giving it about a 50/50 of happening atm. 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

The more interesting question is will Wonder beat JL DOM? Giving it about a 50/50 of happening atm. 

It depends on how Wonder will survive once the onslaught starting with The Last Jedi through the Christmas openers arrive. $150M+ is definitely looking on the table now, though.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It depends on how Wonder will survive once the onslaught starting with The Last Jedi through the Christmas openers arrive. $150M+ is definitely looking on the table now, though.

The Blind Side survived Avatar just fine...

Wonder definitely feels like it's gonna be TBS 2.0.