Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Yup... not quite sure why people are writing off 800M yet.It should be well above 300M OS by Sunday.

800m WW is clearly possible, the movie has impressive legs for such a blockbuster.550m OS and 250M DOM woud be enough.

You've already moved on from TASM to TDKR?

Firedeep :-Always too optimistic at the beginning-Always disappointed at the end :PTASM higher than 700m would fit to me :) TASM2 will be way more promising with no competition in 2014 and no reboot problem.

I was in the over billion club, but if this can make 800m WW it's obviously still a success.As I keep saying, though, the real story will be in how well the sequel does. A reboot is essentially an investment and the follow-up films are the payoff.

I was in the over billion club, but if this can make 800m WW it's obviously still a success.As I keep saying, though, the real story will be in how well the sequel does. A reboot is essentially an investment and the follow-up films are the payoff.

It is definitely still a success, though not as big as expected.

Well anything below 600m OS is still really disappointing, factoring in the popularity of 3D, Spiderman and inflation OS it should have made 700m+ OS but it won't, the same thing can happen to The Hobbit, the fact is people lose interest and Spiderman just isn't that popular or relevant at the moment compared to something like TDKR/Batman.

It will make a profit and is a BO success but so was Pirates 4 but nobody should say that Pirates 4's domestic performance was 'good' it just did the job in an underwhelming fashion.

The fact is this reboot is too early and not needed. And I'm glad it is performing below expectations domestically and WW.

Well anything below 600m OS is still really disappointing, factoring in the popularity of 3D, Spiderman and inflation OS it should have made 700m+ OS but it won't, the same thing can happen to The Hobbit, the fact is people

lose interest and Spiderman just isn't that popular or relevant at the moment compared to something like TDKR/Batman.

It will make a profit and is a BO success but so was Pirates 4 but nobody should say that

Pirates 4's domestic performance was 'good' it just did the job in an underwhelming fashion.

The fact is this reboot is too early and not needed. And I'm glad it is performing below

expectations domestically and WW.

Hold your horses sir. Spider man isn't down for the count yet. In Pretty much every country it opened on the 29th of June it had a solid hold and if that follow suit everywhere then this movie has a promising future ahead. Either way this film is going to finish with a good worldwide total and the sequel will no doubt move forward. I doubt there are any regrets the studio had in making it
  • Like 1

Kinda of. like I moved from TA to TASM. :PWill then move to ... to Skyfall ... then TH ... then ... ;)

You were championing TASM endless with your clubs and it underperformed quite a bit by your standard now TDKR. Hopefully, same thing doesn't happen to TDKR. TASM will probably make 800-850M WW, a definite success for Sony.

The good news for Sony is, it is performing well in all the markets that are growing.... and exchange rates will only get better.

Yep, a success in fast-growing markets is a good thing, I'm optimistic about TASM2 in 2014.

You were championing TASM endless with your clubs and it underperformed quite a bit by your standard now TDKR. Hopefully, same thing doesn't happen to TDKR. TASM will probably make 800-850M WW, a definite success for Sony.

I always tend to stop tracking once after a movie's OW. A little bit like Neo. Edited by firedeep