aabattery

Asgardian Tuesday Numbers - JL 10.7M | W 5.7M

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Is Wonder gonna pull a Blind Side...$200m???:sarah:

Lionsgate must be over the moon.

Great increase for JL, but will Wednesday increase be lower? MJ2 went up 33% on Tuesday and then 20.3% on Wednesday

Lionsgate have better financial prospect with their mid-low budget movie, like la la land and now wonder, any attempt of making blockbuster like power rangers, isn't work well for them, HG and TW are just a lucky exception.....

It is not unprecedented for smaller films to have light drops or even small increases over the thanksgiving frame. Bolt and Blind side both did that in back to back years. 

The issue tends more to be that very few films have opened against the big film the weekend before. Since they normally wait till Wednesday. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It is to asses how the greater tuesday's increase meant for, 43% tuesday jump for JL is bigger than FB, MJ1 and MJ2, it will be misunderstood that JL has better legs compared to those, by using this, the monday's drop will be taken into consideration. 

You’re trying to find away to undermine the Tuesday increase. No one is trying to calculate legs when it’s only been out for 5 days. 

Justice League had a better Sunday hold than MJ1 & MJ2... are you taking that into account and going back to Saturday as well? 

Justice League also held much better on Saturday than MJ1 and MJ2 so will you go back to Friday as well? 

• Like 6

Also the thing about Puss in Boots that skews it's historical record is context. Paramount at the last minute moved it back a week into the Halloween frame which created a 1-2 punch of underwhelming numbers on opening weekend. Hence the great hold in week 2 and a shitty final total (in context). 

Edit to add.... 

It should also be reminded that 2011 was a weak year overall for animation and last minute or not the move by paramount probably added to the gross by putting an extra week between Puss and the rest of the overcrowded kiddie market that holiday season. 

Edited by narniadis

55 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It is to asses how the greater tuesday's increase meant for, 43% tuesday jump for JL is bigger than FB, MJ1 and MJ2, it will be misunderstood that JL has better legs compared to those, by using this, the monday's drop will be taken into consideration. 

I think you’re misunderstanding because:

multipliers from friday to end of day Tuesday:

Mockingjay 1 2.6x

Mockingjay 2 2.68x

Justice League 2.92x 

Fantastic Beasts 3.02x

So Justice League is holding on better than both Mockingjay films, despite the bigger Monday drop. :) I know it opened less, but you’re comparing legs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You’re trying to find away to undermine the Tuesday increase. No one is trying to calculate legs when it’s only been out for 5 days. 

Justice League had a better Sunday hold than MJ1 & MJ2... are you taking that into account and going back to Saturday as well? 

Justice League also held much better on Saturday than MJ1 and MJ2 so will you go back to Friday as well? 

Tuesday's increase could even more remarkable if it wasn't for that 66.9% monday drop, if no one try to calculate legs for a 5days old movie, then why are we bother to be here, just wait til the movie to end its run...

and using my illustration, FB really did have a best hold over thanksgiving among three(highest tuesday to sunday ratio) while MJ1 has the worst(lowest tues to sunday ratio)

and I have no way and no needs to undermine its tuesday increase since its opening weekend wasn't even good in the 1st place

Just now, titanic2187 said:

JL could even drop less than 50% over 3 days thanksgiving if audience really come to disagree with critics 

It will have the advantage that many folks will let families know there's nothing objectionable for kids...there's no Spidey "murder...rape..." or "fuuuu" language moments, and for some reason, language is the biggest hang up for so many parents I know...

It will also have the advantage that folks can say it's better than critics say (b/c it is...even if it's not great)...and beating expectations is normally more positive to folks than not living up to sky high ones...

The Disney news will also unfortunately help...hate to say it, but I know some folks who are now gonna take a pass on what they likely would have watched this weekend to try one of last weekend's movies instead (although I think Wonder will be the biggest gainer on this one)...Moms make decisions on family movies, and that matters...

I still wouldn't get my hopes up for anything more than a FB run, and I'm thinking less...but families do watch movies this weekend...a lot...and Coco didn't grab as many screens and showings from JL's under-performance as one might have expected, at least in my area...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

It will have the advantage that many folks will let families know there's nothing objectionable for kids...there's no Spidey "murder...rape..." or "fuuuu" language moments, and for some reason, language is the biggest hang up for so many parents I know...

It will also have the advantage that folks can say it's better than critics say (b/c it is...even if it's not great)...and beating expectations is normally more positive to folks than not living up to sky high ones...

The Disney news will also unfortunately help...hate to say it, but I know some folks who are now gonna take a pass on what they likely would have watched this weekend to try one of last weekend's movies instead (although I think Wonder will be the biggest gainer on this one)...Moms make decisions on family movies, and that matters...

I still wouldn't get my hopes up for anything more than a FB run, and I'm thinking less...but families do watch movies this weekend...a lot...and Coco didn't grab as many screens and showings from JL's under-performance as one might have expected, at least in my area...

if a darker tone MJ2 can drop 49% across holiday, I don't see why a more holiday-friendly, shorter run time movie will have no chance to repeat that feat 

JL performance is not really being impressive.

It is doing what has happened many times before, that it had a lower opening weekend than expected and half decent legs which will still end to a rather substandard total domestically.

If it legs it up to 280-300 million, then yeah it is a different story. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

JL performance is not really being impressive.

It is doing what has happened many times before, that it had a lower opening weekend than expected and half decent legs which will still end to a rather substandard total domestically.

If it legs it up to 280-300 million, then yeah it is a different story. 

The verdict is still out for JL .

This film certainly can earn a CBM 3x(281)Multiplier.

Now if the film can hold better than Let’s Say FB I’m the coming weeks then it’s Multipier can go as far as 3.2x(300) .If it  holds the same Domestic to Foreign ratio Then the headlines jumped the gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1