That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is it wrong for me to say its poor score might be because the movie's message is "Fuck Nazis"?

Nah, Battle of the Sexes had a low score at first because of trolls. I totally wouldn't be surprised if the actual audience score was only in the low-70s though; waiting a month to go wide might backfire on Focus.

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is it wrong for me to say its poor score might be because the movie's message is "Fuck Nazis"?

I don't know, it's very weak on IMDb too (only 5.7) but none of the user reviews seem to be pointing in that direction.

Moana's multi takes it to 73 5-day, but thinking mid-high 60s. There's the yearly preview front-loading that's happening by default plus the specific theme might have turned out some of the Hispanic portion of the audience in a bigger more urgent degree (just guessing).

But 65-70 5-day itself would be a great start. Moana did 3.03x the 5-day. Has a solid shot at 210+ dom with that 5-day.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nah, Battle of the Sexes had a low score at first because of trolls. I totally wouldn't be surprised if the actual audience score was only in the low-70s though; waiting a month to go wide might backfire on Focus.

I can’t believe humans downscore movies they haven’t seen. I really don’t understand it. Pathetic losers. Ghostbusters is the first film that these sad people really came to focus. 

Why are they attacking Battle Of the Sexes? Do they just hate females? 

21 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

RT Aud. Scores:

Coco: 96%

Roman Israel: 60%

Invented Christmas: 86%

Darkest Hour: 66% (eek)

Dat score for Roman J. Israel, Esq. though. 

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Moana's multi takes it to 73 5-day, but thinking mid-high 60s. There's the yearly preview front-loading that's happening by default plus the specific theme might have turned out some of the Hispanic portion of the audience in a bigger more urgent degree (just guessing).

But 65-70 5-day itself would be a great start. Moana did 3.03x the 5-day. Has a solid shot at 210+ dom with that 5-day.

Actually see the Hispanic population as a source of strong legs more than frontloading, but we will see how it plays out

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Thinking it does about 65-70M myself based on the preview numbers. If JL gets the same increases and drops like Twilight, JL gets to 62M for the 5-day, can definitely get better holds than that.

• Like 1

That's an awesome number for Coco. So glad to see it potentially doing well. I was worried that Pixar might have another flop, in spite of very good reviews. Happy to be proven wrong. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Only 0.3M off from Moana, despite an even more muted marketing campaign and what looked like much less awareness from the GA than that movie. DAT PIXAR POWAH.

Seriously, that's a damn good number. With that number and a Moana-like multiplier, 70M+ 5-day and 50M+ 3-day would be lovely, which gives it a possibility of opening above JL's 2nd weekend. Would also put 180-200M in the table without hesitation, as it has strong chances of great holds through November/December. Currently rocking an amazing 96% audience score + 4.7/5 aud. average rating on Flixster and RT, which bodes greatly for its wom.

Now, granted, it could be more frontloaded than we expect, as Pixar movies usually have bigger rush than other animations, and this was a discount Tuesday preview number. Still, it is a very positive starting point for Coco.

@Krissykins I imagine a lot of those people are just trolls seeking attention, but I wouldn't be surprised if some are legitimately offended at women being seen as equals to men, if just because they think that women's place is in the kitchen or whatever. In another words, we're still living in ancient fucking Greece, it seems.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Only 0.3M off from Moana, despite an even more muted marketing campaign and what looked like much less awareness from the GA than that movie. DAT PIXAR POWAH.

Seriously, that's a damn good number. With that number and a Moana-like multiplier, 70M+ 5-day and 50M+ 3-day would be lovely, which gives it a possibility of opening above JL's 2nd weekend. Would also put 180-200M in the table without hesitation, as it has strong chances of great holds through November/December. Currently rocking an amazing 96% audience score + 4.7/5 aud. average rating on Flixster and RT, which bodes greatly for its wom.

Now, granted, it could be more frontloaded than we expect, as Pixar movies usually have bigger rush than other animations, and this was a discount Tuesday preview number. Still, it is a very positive starting point for Coco.

If it opens to $72m+ it will blow past $200m

The Good Dino had $1.3m previews for a $56m 5 day - the same multi would be $99m for Coco - so not necessarily more frontloaded.

• Like 3