That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

Gonna chime in and say my hispanic family was never in a huge rush to see movies, especially on a work night.  A lot of latinos work a lot of hours so it's more of a 'watch when you have time' thing.  Though sometimes my family would just drop me off at the theater, that doesn't usually fly as well with 10-12 year olds these days.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nah, Battle of the Sexes had a low score at first because of trolls. I totally wouldn't be surprised if the actual audience score was only in the low-70s though; waiting a month to go wide might backfire on Focus.

I think they should have gone wide with Darkest Hour this week too or atleast early December. A lot of specialty/drama films are going wide during Christmas (Shape of Water, Disaster Artist, I Tonya, All the money in the World) then you have The Post, Molly’s Game and Phantom Thread going wide in early January. Tough market ahead. This Thanksgiving is pretty wide open with only Roman J Isreal as the new adult competition. Murder on the Orient Express should hold very well this week because of the lack of options. 

22 minutes ago, Sal said:

Gonna chime in and say my hispanic family was never in a huge rush to see movies, especially on a work night.  A lot of latinos work a lot of hours so it's more of a 'watch when you have time' thing.  Though sometimes my family would just drop me off at the theater, that doesn't usually fly as well with 10-12 year olds these days.

So, are we in for a very good IM for coco. $80m and above for 5-day will make the w/e for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If wonder really increase in its 2nd outing, it will really generate some oscar buzz, so it was wonder woman launch the oscar campaign, but woman get left out in the end.....

Wonder had 0% chances for the Oscar.

A litle less than WW 0.1%...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I can’t believe humans downscore movies they haven’t seen. I really don’t understand it. Pathetic losers. Ghostbusters is the first film that these sad people really came to focus. 

Why are they attacking Battle Of the Sexes? Do they just hate females? 

Pretty sure a lot of guys did the same thing for the Twilight movies. 

5 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Wonder had 0% chances for the Oscar.

A litle less than WW 0.1%...

The same argument was made about the Blind Side.... we ultimately can never say never (although I agree the chance is relatively small to nil)

Quite relieving for Coco after buzz started to look somewhat non-existent. A 70M 5-day should absolutely lock 200M.

Curious if the remainder of Wonder's weekdays are going to be as strong as Monday/Tuesday. Would definitely tell us how big a part school groups are playing.